What's new

TPD affect concentrate prices?

That I get, but things like Forrest Affair, Jungle Juice, Black Mamba, Red Astaire, etc already existed back in the day before TPD and were just called concentrates. It just seems to me, after a ~18 month break from DIY purchases, that they've been rebranded as "One Shots" and the price upped because they can.

Thanks MJ, I'll have a look tonight. I read recently on here that someone thought their concentrates have gotten weaker and needed higher % in mixes. Any idea if that's true?
Vapours r us have gone shockingly bad. I would steer clear if I was you. Have a read of some of the vapour r us threads.

Vapours r us have gone shockingly bad. I would steer clear if I was you. Have a read of some of the vapour r us threads.

they seem to be the best priced for the flavours I'm looking for. I'll order one or two and report back with what I found. I'm happy with mixing up to 20% in flavour since 80:20 is my preferred ratio.

Pre TPD, I stocked up on everything in one go (nic, concentrates, vg, etc) and got death stares from the wifey for filling half of the freezer. I'm starting to run low on concentrates now and I'm wondering what has happened to the market and when did we start calling them "one shots"?

When I used to buy it, your average 10ml of concentrate was around £2 with a premium costing around £3. Now a 30ml "one shot" is £10 and your average 10ml is £3.50. Did TPD push concentrate prices up or are my old sources just overpriced now?

Can someone recommend me a place to get decent priced "one shots" or is £10 for 30ml the average these days?
£10 for 30ml is an average price for a one shot (which is a recipe done for you) bit if you have already been mixing your own recipes or other people by buying your own concentrates then carry on buying them like that. Flavours, PG and VG don't come under any TPD regulations and the price has never changed, you have your cheaper concentrates like TFA/TPA or top priced one's like Flavorah.

Justvape247 is decent and often have substantial discounts, chefs is good for variety, rainbow vapes for smaller quantities!

thanks for the tips folks.

I ordered 7 concentrates from Vapors R Us for the free postage, will report back if they're junk. 1 of the ones I just ordered, I already have from Flavor West so I can compare the two.

I want to reduce the number of concentrates I keep on hand now so trying to avoid mixing my own recipes. Justvape247 will be my next port of call. I used to use Chefs when I got single concentrates and blends but find them a little pricey now (might just be my imagination after such a long break from buying DIY supplies).

just a little update on the vapors r us concentrates.

I had a FW Blue Ice concentrate from Darkstar that I usually mix at 10% and has a good fruity undertone with a strong menthol kick and I bought the same one from vapors r us. Mixed that at 10% too and it's pretty much identical to the one I had from Darkstar. Also mixed Red Stairs at 15% and IIRC, it tastes very similar to T-Juice's Red Astair.

Mixed at 10-15%, I'd say my first impressions are that their concentrates are decent. They're not "extra strong" as the vapors r us shop claims but not any weaker than the average supplier. That suits me fine as I hate it when I pick up a concentrate and mix it at 15%, forgetting that it's one of the few that's supposed to be mixed at 2%.

Done that last night with a TFA concentrate and it took me a while to realise why it tasted so bad. Got 100ml of overly flavoured juice that I need figure out how much to dilute it by now.

Back
Top Bottom