What's new

To Steep...or NOT to Steep, that is the age old (for 30 days) question.

Shall we steep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Various Reviews

Postman
I personally have found no benefit to steeping in my extended mixing experience, in fact for the most part I find that it in fact mutes the recipe if not completely degrades it. UNLESS I have a multiple custard recipe... But even then its pretty much got a light fruit in it (for me personally) and I have to add 12% in the recipe so it doesn't completely mute in 21 days, and even those recipes I don't see much of a difference from the start. I personally think most of the magic happens in the first 3 days (7 tops). I find not necessarily a shake and vape..but 3 day steep to be perfect for pretty much everything. Does anyone else have experience, opinions, and guidelines? Shake and vape? Steep? Extended steep? Breathe? Streathe? Hot bath? Ultrasonic? Magnet plate?

I pretty much diy fruity menthol/aniseed that I shake and vape. Sometimes I have a few in rotation and don’t really notice any improvement over time. I like the strong flavours at the beginning. I have only been vaping a year now so maybe my pallet isn’t as refined as some or it may be because I don’t give a fuck if I’m drinking strongbow or Morrison’s own lol

I pretty much diy fruity menthol/aniseed that I shake and vape. Sometimes I have a few in rotation and don’t really notice any improvement over time. I like the strong flavours at the beginning. I have only been vaping a year now so maybe my pallet isn’t as refined as some or it may be because I don’t give a fuck if I’m drinking strongbow or Morrison’s own lol

I agree I can only taste two flavours tops, however I like to add two same flavs together (ie; cap sweet strawberry and tfa strawberry ripe) and can taste the difference, but if its strawberry custard I'll only taste that..not the back notes. So you say you like the strong flavour initially? I can't help but assume that you're implying that the flavour mutes over time in some way?

Gotcha, I alternate multiple flavours a day to avoid vapour tounge but even after 3-4 weeks I notice flavours mute substantially especially with max VG, I think some people like steeping because they add crazy %s (10-15%) and then "steep" or in my opinion degrade/mute the flavour so its not as strong. Granted yes multiple concentrates especially custard or tobacco need a bit of steep time but nowhere near what's said (30 days...what?!)

I mix 15% mainly one shots like heisenblag blackstairs and cherry menthol the only one that benefits from a little steep is the cherry menthal

I agree and think some people obsess about steeping a bit too much, (as I used to) but flavour is a mystery and we don't know what other people are tasting.

My taste buds have improved with better oral hygiene and I now mix at a lower percentage and notice subtle differences, and I agree that many juices are well developed after a week but may keep improving.

The less flavoursome juices though, and those with multiple ingredients benefit from a longer steep.

I usually mix a few bottles at a time and unless they are custard or vanilla or complex ones they go straight in the rotation after a few days. I do notice certain flavours getting better over time. I do think the custard ones need to sit for a while, and certain vanilla flavours as well. Atoms labs black vanilla, for example, tastes a bit rank until it’s been sitting for at least 2 weeks then the flavour just keeps getting better and better.

I agree entirely with @Ment

With new recipes I tend to mix a small bottle first (about 15-30ml) and test it as snv then 1,3,7,14 and 21 days. Whichever point I prefer the flavour at then becomes the steep time for any further batches.

I only steep custards these days , anything else is shake and Vape for me, even the likes of jack the ripple and Mexican fried ice cream is shake and Vape! [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom