What's new

TO AN EXTENT, Do you think nicotine enhances flavour?

Various Reviews

Postman
I tried a little experiment with some of my butterscotch DIY Ejuice today, it was originally 4 mg and the taste was mostly bland due to vaping it for so long. So I added an equivalent of 1 mg to the bottle making it 5 mg. I noticed immediately that the flavour was more pronounced and tasty just from 1 mg. If this turns out to be true, we all know that there is a certain point where the nicotine just overpowers the flavour with an intense throat hit and peppery taste simplistically, where do we think that cutoff point is as well?

-The VRruh

I don't believe nicotine enhances flavorings but getting used to and liking the taste of nicotine is quite common.

I'm the opposite - I've bought many 0mg juices and sampled them before adding nic to 3mg, and the flavour has been subdued in every one afterwards.

yup, I like the taste ...18mg I can taste it too much, 6mg not enough ...I vape 12mg

I guess that this concludes that it is subjective to ones taste buds :-) I personally like the flavor perfectly at 5mg. 12 mg just kills my throat at 120watts I can't do it lol. Maybe its also just what we are used to as well Ment and simong

Was the nic in PG @Various Reviews? I only ask as we all know PG carries flavour better than VG, so if you up the ratio it might help the taste come out.

What about yours @Ment? Although you used a larger percentage compared to the original (0 to 3mg, against 4 to 5mg) - which would dilute the flavour more - was yours VG based (which would also reduce the ability to carry the flavour)?

Also, what strength was the nic base? I'm guessing Ment's was 7.2% as he's in the UK, but the OP is in the States I think, so could be using a much higher strength (up to 100% AFAIK) and would therefore need a smaller amount to change the liquid's final mg which would dilute the flavour even less, whatever diluent it was in.

Was the nic in PG @Various Reviews? I only ask as we all know PG carries flavour better than VG, so if you up the ratio it might help the taste come out.

What about yours @Ment? Although you used a larger percentage compared to the original (0 to 3mg, against 4 to 5mg) - which would dilute the flavour more - was yours VG based (which would also reduce the ability to carry the flavour)?

Also, what strength was the nic base? I'm guessing Ment's was 7.2% as he's in the UK, but the OP is in the States I think, so could be using a much higher strength (up to 100% AFAIK) and would therefore need a smaller amount to change the liquid's final mg which would dilute the flavour even less, whatever diluent it was in.
I use VG and VG nic as well I like denser cloud production personally and the nic I'm using is only 24mg strength lol (I'm a cheapo)

I think Nic plays a vital role in flavor, Depending on which grade & quality you get can change the flavour massively, i try 0mg a few times and it feels like something missing as if the essences isn't quite there!

Back
Top Bottom