What's new

Time to get back to diy!

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
Well after a lazy 14 months using zampleboxes, I've decided it's time to get back on the mixing train again. I've got literally 100s of concentrates but the ones with use by dates are a year out now so I'll be binning the lot and starting over again. I'm playing it safe for now as I'm skint and can't afford to risk stuff I might not like so I've got:
Calipiter chow
Capella custard v1
Capella cheese cake
Capella lemon merengue pie
Inawera black current
Inawera Bahraini Apple
Inawera rhubarb
Inawera raspberry
Inawera strawberry kisses

What has thrown me though, is how many new concentrate suppliers there are out there now! So (when I've got the money to be adventurous), which ones are worth trying and which should be avoided?

I still get my concentrates fae Chefs Flavours, Vapable and Flavourart.

'Stick with what you know, until something better comes along...' - Adama

With what you have there the now, a custard/cheesecake and raspberry or rhubarb blend would be done!!

Hey skint lazy arse ... ;) ... having wasted a shit tonne of dosh on expensive gourmet liquids, you're now chucking costly flavourings away just because they're past some made up sell by date on the label? Get a grip. :)

I'm the same as @EmbraSewerRat , I buy mainly from Chef's and Flavourart ... and T-juice when their regular discounts come through. I'd recommend some time spent with DIY or Die to develop your mixology.

Hey skint lazy arse ... ;) ... having wasted a shit tonne of dosh on expensive gourmet liquids, you're now chucking costly flavourings away just because they're past some made up sell by date on the label? Get a grip. :)

I'm the same as @EmbraSewerRat , I buy mainly from Chef's and Flavourart ... and T-juice when their regular discounts come through. I'd recommend some time spent with DIY or Die to develop your mixology.
Cheeky bugger :P I'm doing a visual and sniff test on them all as some look and smell just fine but others have just morphed into this random unknown black unrecognisable snuff. I know there is no set rule about how long concentrates last, some say a few months (yeah right!) and others say up to five years. But I'd rather play safe with my lungs as some of the bottles are over five years now. Annoyingly, some of the thrice ones seem to be the worse for loosing their strength :(

Back
Top Bottom