What's new

TFA Flavours - all the gear no idea, recipe help please.

Begging Beginner...........

I bought the following flavour concentrates from Darkstar, some are glorified easy enough shake n vapes, but I am after any ideas on mixing flavours, I am a novice at anything other than single flavour mixes.

It may turn out I missed some core flavours (Vanilla for example) so any additional concentrates you may think I need to get going.

I have been ploughing through this forum but not had much luck finding a needle in a haystack as I only have one brand and limited flavours.

ANY help, ideas, suggestions or ideally recipes from the following list would be very much appreciated.
(pretty much all TFA as I got a discount code and went OTT).

APPLE PIE - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

BAVARIAN CREAM - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

COTTON CANDY (CIRCUS) - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

DX PEACH (JUICY) - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

FRUIT CIRCLES WITH MILK - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

KEY LIME PIE - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

LEMON II - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

PANCAKE - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

PIE CRUST - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 90ML

PINEAPPLE JUICY - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

PEAR CANDY - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

RAINBOW DROPS - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

RIPE BANANA - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

TUTTI-FRUTTI - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

WAFFLE - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

PROPYLENE GLYCOL 1L

GRANDMA'S CAKE - DARK ARTS 30ML

LEMON - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

MERINGUE - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

OATMEAL COOKIE - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

RASPBERRY - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

TOASTED ALMOND - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

BANANA NUT BREAD - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

SWEETENER - FLAVOR APPRENTICE 30ML

VEGETABLE GLYCERINE 2.5L

18X NICOTINE SHOT (100% PG)

18X NICOTINE SHOT (100% VG)

It may turn out I missed some core flavours (Vanilla for example) so any additional concentrates you may think I need to get going.

You want the truth? :D
The truth will save you a fortune and it is: Never buy concentrates you don't have a specific recipe for. Your best hope with those is plug them into your stash on ELR and see what recipes it says you can make.

Seriously, obtain the recipe first, then buy the concentrates rather than the other way around. May not be much help to you in your current predicament but will hopefully save you a lot of wasted juice and wasted money in the future. If it's any consolation, I made exactly the same mistake starting out.

Me again. :D Much as you have some nice concentrates there, the likelihood is that for any recipes you come across that you like the look of, you'll be missing one or two flavours and that situation will continue ad infinitum with each recipe you come across until you follow the advice above. I made that variation of the error also.

Aye, we all go nuts at the start of DIY and end up with some right pish amid the good stuff.

Peaches and the Bav cream should be no bad.
Herself quite likes the Banana Nut Bread on its own.
Try a wee mix of hte apple pie, pie crust and the waffle tho', could be a winner if you get the %'s right. Maybe a wee breath of the almond it it too!
Pineapple and Raspberry could be decent, pineapple, waffle/pie crust and meringue also worth a shot.

Go have a look thro' alltherecipies and EverythingEliquid for more ideas on how to use your stash.
And, aye, get some vanilla, Custard and more cream.

Aye, we all go nuts at the start of DIY and end up with some right pish amid the good stuff.

Try a wee mix of hte apple pie, pie crust and the waffle tho', could be a winner if you get the %'s right. Maybe a wee breath of the almond it it too!
Pineapple and Raspberry could be decent, pineapple, waffle/pie crust and meringue also worth a shot.

Go have a look thro' alltherecipies and EverythingEliquid for more ideas on how to use your stash.

As this illustrates though, you've put yourself in the position, as a novice mixer, of having to design your own recipes and work out percentages for them, with no experience of how to do that. The best recipe that makes for is juice down the sink. Yep, been there also.

As this illustrates though, you've put yourself in the position, as a novice mixer, of having to design your own recipes and work out percentages for them, with no experience of how to do that. The best recipe that makes for is juice down the sink. Yep, been there also.

Well, we all got to start somewhere. For sure if I'd known about any recipe guides back when I started things would have been a bit cheaper.
But then I'd have missed on all the extra fannying around trying to fix a not quite adequate bottle of gunk.

Ooh, that month trying to get that bottles of green tea and peach just about vapeable.....:17::17::17:

Seriously, obtain the recipe first, then buy the concentrates rather than the other way around. May not be much help to you in your current predicament but will hopefully save you a lot of wasted juice and wasted money in the future. If it's any consolation, I made exactly the same mistake starting out.
Again I've gained another moment of clarity from advice on this forum - Cheers Mr Numpty :)

Nice one cheers.

All those sound right up my street, I will have a dabble at the apple pie one first as that sounds like I can't go too far wrong with percentages (famous last words).

Vanilla is on my list, I have custard but it's Totally Wicked so bound to be weak, more cream added to my list also thanks.

I can only echo what the others have said and admit, my start to DIY was much the same. Picking out flavours because of their names and assuming that a good Apple Pie and cream recipe simply needs TFA Apple Pie + TFA Bavarian Cream. It just doesn't work like that. When you visit, All the flavours and other recipe sites, take the time to read the mixers attached notes as it will give you an insight into how mixing ACTUALLY works.

Early on, I got myself a subscription to DIYorDIE. It's basically a blog/magazine by a renowned mixer called Wayne Walker and he writes articles about all aspects of mixing and regularly does features on cloning of top commercial juices, flavour profiles and lots more. I learn a lot from this source.

It's taken about a year, but finally I have a respectable collection of concentrates including most of the backbone flavours that are used in 90% of most recipes.

The more you read, the more you figure out which concentrates to get.

Back
Top Bottom