What's new

Tea

I love the idea of making your own concentrate but I don’t think it would work for my green or white tea as the flavour is so delicate as it is. I’ll be following this with interest and hope your collective tea brews work better than my tobacco brew did many years ago (same method but with dried tobacco leaves).

The black and green fa teas arrived today, with some blackcurrant Inordered at the same time.

It smells very good (the black one) and I couldn’t help sticking some in the tank at 2%. It’s mild with a little earthy bitterness. I thinknit’s going to be a steeper though, so after I sneaked a bit in the tank I added 1/2 % of vienna cream and a few drops of bergamot and it’s now steeping on the shelf.

If I have time at the weekend I might look into extracting real tea with pg. If I do this, I will report back my results.

The black and green fa teas arrived today, with some blackcurrant Inordered at the same time.

It smells very good (the black one) and I couldn’t help sticking some in the tank at 2%. It’s mild with a little earthy bitterness. I thinknit’s going to be a steeper though, so after I sneaked a bit in the tank I added 1/2 % of vienna cream and a few drops of bergamot and it’s now steeping on the shelf.

If I have time at the weekend I might look into extracting real tea with pg. If I do this, I will report back my results.

If we had any PG lying around I'd be doing some tea steeping myself.

Mild wit earthy bitternes? So anything like strong black tea at all? Or like in Hitchhikers is it the impression of tea?

@Purplefowler - I'm sure if you whacked in a lot ( a good couple of spoonfuls!) of green tea to the PG the flavour would take. you should get something out of it.

What concerns me is not the actual tea, I mean, if you taste it regularly and go a bit stronger than you normally would, you should be good. What concerns me is the milk and two sugars....

Mild wit earthy bitternes? So anything like strong black tea at all? Or like in Hitchhikers is it the impression of tea?

@Purplefowler - I'm sure if you whacked in a lot ( a good couple of spoonfuls!) of green tea to the PG the flavour would take. you should get something out of it.
I think I’ve got some Korean stuff that was a bit in the strong side so might be a good candidate. Certainly wasn’t a nice mellow cup for drinking :D

Just finished off that tank and am impressed with the black tea. It’s dry, earthy, not sweet, but with a kind of fullness to the flavour. I can see that tea is going to be a new thing for me. It will be perfect as a base for other flavours the way many of use tobaccos.

Ha ha aye it does taste like black tea. You could go stronger than the 2% I mixed it at I’m sure but I was reading that the flavour gets stronger as it develops so started low.

I reckon extracting tea you’ll get more flavour out as well, less liquid and more tea leaves, and a longer steep.

Just finished off that tank and am impressed with the black tea. It’s dry, earthy, not sweet, but with a kind of fullness to the flavour. I can see that tea is going to be a new thing for me. It will be perfect as a base for other flavours the way many of use tobaccos.

consider me sold ..... what brand was this again?

Back
Top Bottom