What's new

Sweetener's?

Tazz

Legend
Hi people. A few question's on sweetener's. I use Capella Super Sweet in my mixes. Have been reading though lately that sucralose is "perhaps" not great to vape. I hear some use other things to add sweetness like Marshmallow or other things. So what is in the Marshmallow that makes it sweet? And if thats preferable to use then whatever makes it sweet should be available yes? But i cannot find any sweeteners that are sold as such that don't fall into that not great to vape category. I know if we want 100% safe then just breath air! But there seems to be some fog around sweeteners, unlike actual flavours which you can get info on whether they contain some bads. Any info on which is the, relatively, safest sweetener to vape? Cheers.

I use marshmallow or stevia for sweetening. Not sure what the actual component in the marshmallow flavour is, but I start at about 0.5% and work up from there if required.

I'm with @kermitthefog I don't use any sweeteners and use TPA marshmallow at 0.5% to 1.5% in mixes that need to be sweetened and it seems to be more than enough plus at the 1.5% to 2% it can kill off the bitterness you can get with some Berry's or citrus mixes and seems to smooth them out

Thanks guys, might up the marshmallow and see how it goes. Found a supposedly good organic liquid stevia im going to try. Searched and searched and can't find any bads on the Stevia. Thanks for the advice. On the sucralose i did see it had to be heated to levels above what I'd vape, but still its at a range, 470f or close to that that i could hit on a heavy session. Like to avoid whatever bads i can and minimise any risk if i can, all helps. Stevia it is. Cheers.

Thanks guys, might up the marshmallow and see how it goes. Found a supposedly good organic liquid stevia im going to try. Searched and searched and can't find any bads on the Stevia. Thanks for the advice. On the sucralose i did see it had to be heated to levels above what I'd vape, but still its at a range, 470f or close to that that i could hit on a heavy session. Like to avoid whatever bads i can and minimise any risk if i can, all helps. Stevia it is. Cheers.

im interested in this stevia ,

you wouldnt have a link would you

Sorry taking so long to reply, when my data credit runs out early i wait to recharge. Im in Aus/OZ, and i did get some Nirvana organic stevia made here in Oz. Its ok but takes about three times as much to sweeten as did my Capella super sweet. But thats no biggy really as its only drops im talking about. 1 drop of Super sweet = three drops of Nirvana stevia. Im still trying/playing with it though. It seems good. No complaints. A 60 ml bottle cost me 15$ plus $5 post AUD. 20 bucks.

I'm with @kermitthefog I don't use any sweeteners and use TPA marshmallow at 0.5% to 1.5% in mixes that need to be sweetened and it seems to be more than enough plus at the 1.5% to 2% it can kill off the bitterness you can get with some Berry's or citrus mixes and seems to smooth them out
I don't think marshmallow magics sweetness out of thin air, so presumably it has sweetener in one form or another as part of it. :D
I found stevia to be horrendous for coil gunking, even at very low percentages. Ethyl Maltol (which I suspect is the main sweetener in marshmallow) is another alternative to consider.

Back
Top Bottom