What's new

So looks like the time to DIY is here ...

Big Crazy

Initiate
Hi All

So what with all the having to buy lots of small 10ml bottles or mix up 60ml+ bottles of juice I have finally figured out it is time to start mixing :)

I think I am going to start with Dark Star as they seem to have the best reviews on here but I wondered if rather than buying a bottle of Base mix and getting a 85/15 blend if my mixing would work if I just used VG and the only PG I included in my juice was from the nic? I was thinking of using a 70/30 nic mix ... would this be ok - would I be better using a different nic blend or just using the base mix?

I use a RDA and a RDTA if that makes any difference and my aim with mixing is flavour, flavour.

Any help is appreciated :2thumbsup:

Hi All

So what with all the having to buy lots of small 10ml bottles or mix up 60ml+ bottles of juice I have finally figured out it is time to start mixing :)

I think I am going to start with Dark Star as they seem to have the best reviews on here but I wondered if rather than buying a bottle of Base mix and getting a 85/15 blend if my mixing would work if I just used VG and the only PG I included in my juice was from the nic? I was thinking of using a 70/30 nic mix ... would this be ok - would I be better using a different nic blend or just using the base mix?

I use a RDA and a RDTA if that makes any difference and my aim with mixing is flavour, flavour.

Any help is appreciated :2thumbsup:
Don't use any "mixes". They hugely complicate the calculations for making juice and often prevent you from achieving the ratios you want from your finished juice.
Buy PG, VG and nicotine in either VG or PG separately for a much easier life.

+1 what Numpty said, don't get premixed Base.. If you want high VG juice just buy VG then your flavour and nic will add the pg

Don't use any "mixes". They hugely complicate the calculations for making juice and often prevent you from achieving the ratios you want from your finished juice.
Buy PG, VG and nicotine in either VG or PG separately for a much easier life.

This, as I found out recently. I bought premixed and it was a nightmare.

Bought separate VG/PG with nic in VG and not looked back!

I don't see what the problem is with using premixed ratio of PG/VG. I use 70/30 or 80/20 all the time. Volume wise it will always be the same so I do all calculations using 100% VG but substitute the premixed base instead.

I don't see what the problem is with using premixed ratio of PG/VG. I use 70/30 or 80/20 all the time. Volume wise it will always be the same so I do all calculations using 100% VG but substitute the premixed base instead.

I think it's because using 100%vg would adjust the ratio of your base. More importantly though adding flavouring (often at about 20%) has quite an effect on your final ratio.

Generally speaking it's cheaper and easier just to have the separate ingredients and use a good mixing calculator, then it's also easy to change ratios for future mixes too...

Back
Top Bottom