What's new

salt taste help

samwich

Postman
hi x how can i get the salt taste for salted caramel ? i have a caramel that just shouts at me to be a salted caramel but im lost on how to get salty taste, any help much appreciated x

I can't help you I'm afraid but just wanted to say helloooo, cos I haven't seem you around for a bit :D
Hope all is well xx

As Indiscalling says.. Saline may do it.

Taken from here:

Saline, or saline solution, is medical grade distilled water with salt (NaCL). It's typically used in tobacco or bakery-flavors, and adds body and enhances flavors. Just like salt in foods ;) It may add a salty note to your liquid

It can be used in all flavors to enhance flavor and add moistness, test it a bit before making a big batch.

It reduces the mouth/sinus/throat-dehydration caused by VG and PG.

If you add distilled water, vodka or PGA to dillute your juice, you can try substituting it with saline. A good pointer could be that flavoring and saline should amount to 20-25% of your total volume. Though some just add 3% saline to their mixes, perhaps a bit more if you are heavy on the VG.

The medical stuff usually comes in 0.5-0.9%. Nasal cleaner for babies will do the trick also.

Or buy Salted Caramel flavour :)

FW Salted Caramel has good reviews https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/flavor-west-concentrates/274-salted-caramel.html

I can't help you I'm afraid but just wanted to say helloooo, cos I haven't seem you around for a bit :D
Hope all is well xx

thanks for the help folks xxxxx now to get some saline xx Gonloopy im good thanks x been a hectic house for a while , 3 kids always = hectic lol x but i also look after my dad now and that = regular doc appoinments and hospital trips xxx

Oh I sorry to hear that. Make sure you look after yourself too, you're no good to anyone burnt out xx

Oh I sorry to hear that. Make sure you look after yourself too, you're no good to anyone burnt out xx

im trying too x like today im sat in bed with a coffee and laptop and chilling out lol x dad has liver failure so it can be exhausting at times x

Old thread so this might be a long shot.
Any recommendations on brands for saline?
And what percentage solution would you recommend?
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom