What's new

Ribena concentrate / recipe?

Fair does didn't think about that. Would love to know how to make a ribena flavour though :-)
I'm working on it :) I'm going to buy a load of different Blackcurrent concentrates this month.. Although I doubt a single blackcurrent flavour will taste like it unless that's what the manufacturer are aiming for..

From reading a bit on the net I think other things may need adding.. Possible blackberry and Strawberry.. Hmm

I'm working on it :) I'm going to buy a load of different Blackcurrent concentrates this month.. Although I doubt a single blackcurrent flavour will taste like it unless that's what the manufacturer are aiming for..

From reading a bit on the net I think other things may need adding.. Possible blackberry and Strawberry.. Hmm

If ure going for BlackBerry ask DakotaMai what she uses coz that is nice !!!

I've not tried it yet. I got a little fed up of buying hyped juiced only to be disappointed with it nearly every time so I much prefer to make my own these says.. Although your juices are on my 'must try' list, along with a few of colonel Booms juices I haven't tried yet.

I've tried a few blackcurrant concentrates, Capella, TFA and FlavourArt. FlavourArt is my favourite of the three but it's not great.

I can't help you on your quest for that Ribena concentrate (if you find something good please share) but suggest you may want to try @RibenaMan FSB. The guy has certainly nailed the rich, deep Ribena taste. Yes it's £6 per 10ml but that includes delivery and once tasted you get an idea of how much concentrate must go in. Bearing that in mind it may just be the concentration ratio you are using... Maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I can't help you on your quest for that Ribena concentrate (if you find something good please share) but suggest you may want to try @RibenaMan FSB. The guy has certainly nailed the rich, deep Ribena taste. Yes it's £6 per 10ml but that includes delivery and once tasted you get an idea of how much concentrate must go in. Bearing that in mind it may just be the concentration ratio you are using... Maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I've got a feeling I know what blackcurrant he uses but I doubt it's that simple.

What else can people taste in Ribena? Am I right in thinking a little blackberry and possible other berries?

I reckon you're starting to think along the right lines now ... endless Blackcurrant flavours may ALL disappoint because what you've really after is in another flavour or component blended in. Few of the quality bespoke juices are without some complexity in flavour delivery, or mouth feel if you like. If there wasn't a craft to it, none of us would need to buy them cos we'd all be knocking them out at home.

I'll wager there's more to Ribena than blackcurrant juice extract and water and there's probably a difference in taste perception to a drink and a vape.

Last edited:
I've got a feeling I know what blackcurrant he uses but I doubt it's that simple.

What else can people taste in Ribena? Am I right in thinking a little blackberry and possible other berries?

The secret is in the frosting ;)

Back
Top Bottom