What's new

Pre mixed base

Woma

Postman
Hi All,

Confused, I've decided to try and diy some juice so bought some one shots and some 70/30 base mix, I have 18mg/ml mic in pg

Is there a calculator for using pre mixed bases or have I just wasted my cash and should of bought seperate VG and PG to mix?

Annoyed and confused!

Me again, for example for me to make a 70/30 3mg juice it's suggested I use 70ml VG and 6.3 PG, and 16.7 nic plus 8% flavour

Do I just measure 76.3ml of the premix and add the nic concentrate?

It doesn't seem right as the base will always be 70%VG.

Is there a calculator for using pre mixed bases or have I just wasted my cash and should of bought seperate VG and PG to mix?
Hi Woma. I think we need a big banner at the top of the forum advising people not to buy a pre-mixed PG/VG base. I have no idea why people are selling it, except under some entirely false pretense of it making things easier and therefore more attractive to new mixers. In reality it only serves to reduce your options, make some options impossible and is indeed confusing and annoying. Sorry.

You wont get a 70/30 ratio from premix. You're adding 25% pg with nic & flavour & diluting the original so will be closer to 55-60 vg. Always cheaper & easier to buy separate PG/VG, allows for customisation of your mixes.

Thanks people,

I thought this would be the case, I'll order what I need.

Should I also buy nicotine in VG? I generally vape 70vg plus.

Woma

Sorry to ask again, from the recipe above, I could still have a go at a simple juice and add the VG and PG required together then use the nicotine to make up the rest of the pg?

Thanks people,

I thought this would be the case, I'll order what I need.

Should I also buy nicotine in VG? I generally vape 70vg plus.

Woma
Nic' in VG does offer more versatility. Depends on your desired nic' strength and flavour % but certainly VG nic accommodates all options.

Sorry to ask again, from the recipe above, I could still have a go at a simple juice and add the VG and PG required together then use the nicotine to make up the rest of the pg?
Making the juice is not a problem. The problem is you have no control over the final VG/PG ratio, which will plummet from 70/30 when using PG nic' and PG concentrates.

As long as flavour & pg are below 30% shouldn't be a problem. If you want to be nearer 80% vg then get VG nic. I use 72mg nic in pg but can still get to around 75/25, 80/20 at a push. Flavours carry better in pg but can be found in vg with a little research.

@Woma listen to these guys...they gave me the exact same advice as I was going to go down the same route with pre mix but really it makes much more sense buying pg and vg separate.

Don't be put off diy by thinking it's complicated... It really isn't.
I mix by weight and it is so simple you would not believe[emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom