What's new

pg / vg percentage for mtl?

custard vaper

Postman
Hi everyone, im into mtl vaping and am after flavour over clouds... i was wondering what is the best percentage for flavour? many thanks.

Technically, any ratio that your atty will happily wick, however MTL devices often benefit from a higher pg ratio as the wicking ports tend to be smaller than in dtl devices.

I go 50/50. Like you say, it’s not about the clouds bro (unless I’m using my dtl then i like to imagine I’m Thomas the tank engine, chooo choooooooo!)

50/50 works best for me. probably a bit above 50 pg just cause of the way i mix.

depends

No more than 50VG in tobaccos, over that and I find I lose some of the 'realistic smoking' effect I'm trying to achieve, both visually and throat feel. I often use a 55 or 60PG mix.

Fruit and cola I mix at 60VG, because it doesn't have to replicate smoking and I like the extra sweetness and syrupy feel the extra VG brings to those flavours.

Pastry/Pie/Cake stuff I find 55VG works well usually.

If in doubt 50/50 is a pretty good starting point.

depends

No more than 50VG in tobaccos, over that and I find I lose some of the 'realistic smoking' effect I'm trying to achieve, both visually and throat feel. I often use a 55 or 60PG mix.

Fruit and cola I mix at 60VG, because it doesn't have to replicate smoking and I like the extra sweetness and syrupy feel the extra VG brings to those flavours.

Pastry/Pie/Cake stuff I find 55VG works well usually.

If in doubt 50/50 is a pretty good starting point.
As you can probably tell im into the custards so i will give it a go at 55%, thanks for the advice.

As you can probably tell im into the custards so i will give it a go at 55%, thanks for the advice.

Ah, yeah honestly custards might benefit from a little extra VG, to give them a smooth and thick feel on the exhale. I'd probably try 60% VG to be honest.

Ah, yeah honestly custards might benefit from a little extra VG, to give them a smooth and thick feel on the exhale. I'd probably try 60% VG to be honest.

see, i would say the opposite, and that less vg can mitigate the sweetness a bit. but then i mix the custards at 1% or so, so probably all i am tasting is vg and pg :D

Back
Top Bottom