What's new

Nic and mixing question

yeah my problem is actually getting the shake on in the first place. hence the need for a gadget.
Thanks for confirming best practise, they seem to be the most popular methods from what I've read. It does look like I've been warming the VG too high though.
Cheers

Cheers @Rickster I've already got something similar, although that one looks better. And on the second page of that thread is the magnetic stirrer I'm making.
May the road rise with you.

Everything in moderation.
I'm not sure why an aerating would do any harm. It will introduce air which is good for steeping.
Leaving it open for 30 minutes isn't going to hurt anything. I wouldn't leave it open for more than 2 days though.
Many have suggested that introducing air is good for steeping, but not the easiest to do with shortfill bottles.
Heat is good in moderation. Warm = good, full boil = bad
As for the ultrasonic ... I'm not sold that it would produce enough movement. I think a warm bath with reduce viscosity and improve the efficiency of the ultrasonic. I'm not sure if it would do more than shaking it by hand.

Maybe attach the bottle to a dog collor and let the dog run around?
I think the ideal solution would be a tube with air that osicaltes, rocking the liquid back and forth. I'm not sure if it is worth it, but it would effectivly mix without noise pollution.

maxresdefault.jpg

yeah seen them, or even one of the tilt machines out of CSI
maybe i'll just strap into one of these and hold the bottle?

Back
Top Bottom