What's new

New to mixology looking for help

Seriously, the espresso needs less than 0.1%. I use it quite a bit and still haven’t worked my way through a 30ml bottle I mixed at 3% over a year ago. It will seriously overpower everything.

After 1 week test time.....
All my liquids have a harsh throat hit but some of the single flavour( cappuccino, chocolate and vanilla) are much better so I assume next week will be better.
All the mixes with espresso are in the sink.....that espresso flavour is a real "poison" if added to much......
Made 3 more bottles 4 days ago
- 5% chocolate , 5% cappuccino, 1% espresso, 2% vanilla and 3% irish cream......after 4 days looking promising but some of the flavours will need adjusted. I will leave it like that for at least 2 weeks
-5% irish cream and 3% cappuccino......this one also looking promising after only 4 days
-3% irish , 3% cappuccino and 3% chocolate......also not bad and very promising

After more research I can see on the most recipes , especially the ones with more then 2 flavours, the percentage of the flavours are much lower , between 0.15 and 0.5. By using so much flavour can this be one of the facts that I get this harsh throat hit?
Also in all my mix I added the nic and now I am wondering if I did right. Should be better if I will add the nic after like we do with short fills?

Often juices that have really harsh throat hit mellow over time with steeping in my experience. Just wait and see and fingers crossed it gets better.

Too much flavouring can cause a harsh throat hit, and oddly adding too much flavouring often ends up with a lack of flavour which seems counter intuitive.
Some companies liquids need to be used at much lower percentages than others, flavourart for example are much stronger than the flavours apprentice. To get a starting point I use e-liquidrecipes.com(I think that’s the addy) and look at the flavour, and look at the median, which is the average percentage that people have mixed at. Also flavour testing each flavour on its own at different percentages gives you an idea of the flavouring.

With regards to nicotine, definitely add at the start, if you were to add it later you’d need to steep again.

And on nic, I’ve found that nicotine is the biggest cause of harshness. Quality of nicotine has a big effect. The way to tell is to make a test batch of just vg/pg and trying vaping that on its own. Then do a second batch again just vg/pg with the Nic added and see if that’s harsh.

With vg/pg only and vg/pg/nic do I need to steep this to or I can vape straight away? I want to make them today and see.
I have some of the flavours which have very low flavour so I assume that 5% single flavour is too much and I will mix some with lower % and check again.
Now I just did 4 of the recipes I found on "mademyvape" with the flavours they use( ordered from them) and I will check that ones after recommended steeping time and see if is there any hope to make my own or I will stick with premade ones.
Also started to look on a different website e-Liquid Recipes and try some of the recipes from there.
Right now keep digging trough recipes on here and check if I can find something.

No you can mix up vg/pg and vg/pg/nic straight away and vape to see if your nic that’s the issue.

Yeah elr is good, if you search for the top recipes and try a couple of them if/when you have the flavours you should end up with a few good juices. You can also enter all your flavours into your flavours database and then search by what I can make when you have a few flavours which is a handy feature. Had the mixing calculator built in which you’ll need.

alltheflavours.com is really good as well and has the same functionality. I think the quality of recipes is slightly better with atf, though less recipes on there.

After 1 month I managed to mix couple recipes which are by my taste. Ended up by mixing some recipes found on here or other sites so I can start to understand better the flavours and the way how they mix.
I did all the recipes with zero nic ( this is what I most use) and now I would like to add some nic on this just to try and see the difference and because time to time I have the feeling that I don't get enough throat hit.
I have some 72mg/ml nic shots VG only and I was wondering how can I calculate the amount I will have to add for 10ml of juice. Tried couple calculators but I get different numbers and I am confused at this point. I know that the best way is to make a new batch of that juice and add nic but I would like to try first to see if I can add some nicotine to allready made juice I have ( same way we are using to add to short fills).
Can someone please tell me exactly for 10ml of juice how much 72mg/ml VG only nic should I add?

After 1 month I managed to mix couple recipes which are by my taste. Ended up by mixing some recipes found on here or other sites so I can start to understand better the flavours and the way how they mix.
I did all the recipes with zero nic ( this is what I most use) and now I would like to add some nic on this just to try and see the difference and because time to time I have the feeling that I don't get enough throat hit.
I have some 72mg/ml nic shots VG only and I was wondering how can I calculate the amount I will have to add for 10ml of juice. Tried couple calculators but I get different numbers and I am confused at this point. I know that the best way is to make a new batch of that juice and add nic but I would like to try first to see if I can add some nicotine to allready made juice I have ( same way we are using to add to short fills).
Can someone please tell me exactly for 10ml of juice how much 72mg/ml VG only nic should I add?

For 3mg, divide the volume of juice by 24 and add that much 72mg nic. So to 10ml you would add 0.42ml.

For 6mg, divide by 12, for 9mg divide by 8 and for 12mg divide by 6.

Back
Top Bottom