What's new

New to mixing, wondering about sweetener.

Phoenix Fit

Initiate
Hi, i am currently working on a watermelon chill clone from element vapes and i am 90% there, i already love it! anyway i have some ethyl maltol and some liquid sucralose in a pg solution on the way and was wondering how many drops i should start with? i always mix in 50ml plastic bottles and i have the rest of the recipe sat steeping away perfect - all it needs is a flavour enhancer and some sweetener as the off the shelf stuff is very sweet and that's all i am missing. Iv'e not been doing this long and i always work in "drops" at the moment, i find it easier and i write all of it down in a journal. I hope this is ok to post i am pretty new here, i posted something similar on Reddit and everyone lost their shit at me.

Hi, i am currently working on a watermelon chill clone from element vapes and i am 90% there, i already love it! anyway i have some ethyl maltol and some liquid sucralose in a pg solution on the way and was wondering how many drops i should start with? i always mix in 50ml plastic bottles and i have the rest of the recipe sat steeping away perfect - all it needs is a flavour enhancer and some sweetener as the off the shelf stuff is very sweet and that's all i am missing. Iv'e not been doing this long and i always work in "drops" at the moment, i find it easier and i write all of it down in a journal. I hope this is ok to post i am pretty new here, i posted something similar on Reddit and everyone lost their shit at me.
Hi, Ethyl Maltol will not only sweeten the juice but bring a fullness/thickness to the flavour. Sucralose will only sweeten. You may like the effect of using both simultaneously anywhere from 2 drops per 10ml up.

Thank's mate, that sounds exactly what i am looking for, the store bought version has a thick full, almost sickly sweet watermelon flavour under just the perfect amount of menthol - i will start with 5 drops of each in a 50ml bottle then thankyou, I know sucralose will clog my couls but do you know if ethyl maltol causes the same effect?

Thank's mate, that sounds exactly what i am looking for, the store bought version has a thick full, almost sickly sweet watermelon flavour under just the perfect amount of menthol - i will start with 5 drops of each in a 50ml bottle then thankyou, I know sucralose will clog my couls but do you know if ethyl maltol causes the same effect?
I haven't found EM to be much of a gunker. Sucralose is, of course, but some bought juices I've tried taste like they use as much as 5 or 6%. I regularly use EM at 0.5% and have used Sucralose as high as 2% without much in the way of gunking problems. I think this depends largely on what concentrates are used, as some no doubt already contain EM, sucralose or other sweeteners.

I haven't found EM to be much of a gunker. Sucralose is, of course, but some bought juices I've tried taste like they use as much as 5 or 6%. I regularly use EM at 0.5% and have used Sucralose as high as 2% without much in the way of gunking problems. I think this depends largely on what concentrates are used, as some no doubt already contain EM, sucralose or other sweeteners.
yeah i think you are right there, the ones i have now take 2 days at least before my coil even starts to blacken so i think they have kept the sweetener to a minimum there, of course all that will change when the postman comes and i whack a load in lol

I’d agree, 2 drops per 10mls is what I normally add (sucrose] to add a slight sweetness, 1%isnt excessive, but if you want silly shop bought sweet, you’ll need to go higher than that.
Don’t forget, vg is naturally very sweet (dip your finger in it and taste it to see) so, the more vg in your juice, the sweeter it will be :)

Not played around with ‘em’ even though I have a bottle so can’t offer advice there

I’d agree, 2 drops per 10mls is what I normally add (sucrose] to add a slight sweetness, 1%isnt excessive, but if you want silly shop bought sweet, you’ll need to go higher than that.
Don’t forget, vg is naturally very sweet (dip your finger in it and taste it to see) so, the more vg in your juice, the sweeter it will be :)

Not played around with ‘em’ even though I have a bottle so can’t offer advice there

Thanks for the reply mate, i used 2 drops of sweetener per 10 ml and 1 drop per 10ml of ethyl maltol and my coils are lasting about 6 hours vaping the way i do, then i have to scrub them dry burn, rinse re-wick and then get another 6 hours, thee increase in sweetness does not really add anything spectacular to warrant such shit coil life, lesson learned, from now on i won't even work in percentages, i will just ad a couple drops of sweetener and a tiny drop of EM. i used to think only getting 24 hours out of my coils was bad haha, i'm glad i make my own

Thanks for the reply mate, i used 2 drops of sweetener per 10 ml and 1 drop per 10ml of ethyl maltol and my coils are lasting about 6 hours vaping the way i do, then i have to scrub them dry burn, rinse re-wick and then get another 6 hours, thee increase in sweetness does not really add anything spectacular to warrant such shit coil life, lesson learned, from now on i won't even work in percentages, i will just ad a couple drops of sweetener and a tiny drop of EM. i used to think only getting 24 hours out of my coils was bad haha, i'm glad i make my own
How much do you vape a day (in ml’s) ? I get easily three days out of my coils/cotton even with 1% Sucralose (I vape about 12ml a day, make my own coils)

when i vaped shop bought liquid it was around 10ml a day. Now i make my own its anywhere between 25 -35ml of about 4 different flavours a day. Even in TC mode which i prefer i get black burnt coils. Not so much gunked up just black and i only vape at about 30-40 watts.

when i vaped shop bought liquid it was around 10ml a day. Now i make my own its anywhere between 25 -35ml of about 4 different flavours a day. Even in TC mode which i prefer i get black burnt coils. Not so much gunked up just black and i only vape at about 30-40 watts.
So, yeah, your vaping about 2.5 - 3 times what I vape in a day, so, I guess a coil lasting half a day is pretty darn excessive! No idea what is causing it.....perhaps, if you vaped at a high wattage, the coils wouldn’t get as gunned up (they would burn off) I vape at 55w, works perfectly for me, but I guess every setup is different?

Back
Top Bottom