What's new

Need to make some changes..

henrytd5

Initiate
Hi everyone. I came to this forum a few months back in search of some help with making my own liquid and got plenty of help, so I'm back again now.

I've been mixing 80% vg and 20%pg with 1.0 nic strength and around 10-15% flavour for months now and I'm fed up of it now. The vapour is always thick and heavy in your mouth and coils don't last long. So I'm looking to change my vg pg ratio a bit and get all new flavours. I have a cool fire battery with isub tank and use 0.5ohm coils and battery set at 25-7w..

Not sure if anything I'm doing has been right but it worked for a while.

Can anyone suggest a ratio that's going to make the vapour and flavours better, fresher to inhale and just a nicer smoke in general please? And how many watts should I be heating 0.5ohm coils at? Says 25-35w on box I think. But they burn out rather quickly at anything above 27w.

Hi @henrytd5, my advice would be to change one thing at a time -- don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, as the saying goes!

Try mixing some 5 or 10ml testers of your current recipes using 70/30 VG/PG and try them at the same settings you've been using.

High VG juices will produce thicker vapour and less flavour than ones with more PG in the mix. They also tend to gunk your coils up quicker and wick slower too, so the increased PG will help with that. If you're still not happy, try another batch at 65/35, and so on, up to a maximum of 50/50. I wouldn't recommend using more than that as the throat hit can become too harsh at subohm.

As to the watts, you can vape at lower than the recommended 25w if you find that's what you prefer - it's not set in stone - but you should find your coils won't burn out so easily with the thinner juice.

All the best! [emoji4]

50/50 is the ideal middle ground of decent flavour and clouds, maybe 60/40 if you want less of a throat hit form the PG.

I vape .4 and .5ohm coils at 20 - 22.5w

but no coils should burn out at even higher wattage, it's the thickness of the juice and speed at which you vape that will burn out the coils because they don't have sufficient time to wick thicker juices so the cotton ends up burning.

high VG is over rated anyway, and IMO is useless for daily vaping, it's more for big clouds, taste wise and throat feel wise there's very little difference between 80/20 and 60/40, you just end up with thicker clouds with 80/20

I've found that 60/40 seems to be a good middle ground for me so that's all I mix now with 2 exceptions . Cotswold Vapours Mint Royal and Strawberry Delight work better at 70/30.
I'm not surprised your isub coils didn't last very long with 80 vg. They're better once rewicked a bit looser but still don't last very long.
When I used them (over a year ago ) , I used 60/40 or 70/30 at 28 watts

I used to use isub 0.5 coils with 65/35 mixes and found that the best compromise, once the coils were rewicked a bit looser like @mick brown says above. Although 2 weeks from a coil was absolute max I got

Might be your set up not your juices mate, have you got a dripper (rda) to test them id personally drop to 75/25 or 70/30 too

Back
Top Bottom