What's new

need some help on diy e liquid

$vapes

hi all, need some help, My previous attempts at making e liquid went wrong, well so far, but i don't think anymore steeping are going to help these mixes lol. but my question is how much flavoring should you add to your mixes? I made 4 e juices all single flavors at 70/30 VG/PG all with 15% flavoring [as i read 15-20% was the norm] and none of them were that great tbh :/.
when i read 15-20% is the average amount of flavoring did i take that the wrong way and what it meant was in a multiple flavor recipes they should total between 15-20%, so in a single flavor recipe the percentage should be alot lower?.

ive recently brought some flavors from flavor art that i plan on using as soon as ive heard from you all will crack on so any pointers would be much appreciated, 2 birds 1 stone

orange- flavor art
vienna cream - FA
uber menthol - FA
(was thinking all of the above for a orange menthol)

cookie - FA
almond - FA
joy - biscuit, meringue caramel - FA
nonnas red cake - FA
up - coffee, cream, cereal
(and some of the above for a cookie recipe but not entirely sure which ones)

help much appreciated,

Different flavour brands will require different percentages.
FA normally stands for flavour apprentice so can't help on these.
Flavour art are particularly strong and if they're the single flavours you've used
I would suspect you have over done it.
Start at their recommended percentages in small batch quantities to give you a base to start from and adjust to suit your tastes accordingly.

Unless using oneshot concentrates , where occasionally you can use 25% then the max amount of flavour you will need is 20%
Flavourart are particularly strong and sometimes you will only need 2-3% as a single flavour. The websites usually give you a starting point so adjust from there.
As a recipe, you will be using something like 2% of flavour A, 3% of flavour B , 5% of flavour C , etc up to a maximum of 20% total favouring.
Hope that makes some sort of sense.

thank you, i did mean flavor art yes,and thought i might off got it wrong with the percentages, i don't think they give a recommended percentage as theirs no description, you just scroll and choose but will check it out. wasn't feeling wasting liquids if i was going in the wrong direction lol so thought id jump on here,
appreciate the help

thank you, i did mean flavor art yes,and thought i might off got it wrong with the percentages, i don't think they give a recommended percentage as theirs no description, you just scroll and choose but will check it out. wasn't feeling wasting liquids if i was going in the wrong direction lol so thought id jump on here,
appreciate the help
Some of the websites have customer reviews . Read a few , they might give you their % rates. Alternatively, check out the eliquid recipe sites for an idea.

FA (Flavour Art) are quite strong flavours (The Flavor Apprentice used to be abbreviated to TFA but now they use Fa which is confusing).
You're going for blends that I wouldn't go for so can't help with how it might turn out.
Are you choosing flavours you hope will blend well or are you basing your mixes on recommended recipes?
It's fun to mess about with blends but can be a lot cheaper and more satisfying to follow established recipes and then vary them to learn what works together.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ is a useful site.

orange- flavor art. Haven't used it.
vienna cream - FA, 1-3% in recipes works well
uber menthol - FA. 0.25 - 0.5% gives a good kick.
(was thinking all of the above for a orange menthol)

cookie - FA. 0.5 - 1% is usual in recipes
almond - FA. 0.5 - 1% gives a strong almond
joy - biscuit, meringue caramel - FA 0.5% gives a deep fried effect to doughnut recipes. Any more is overpowering.
nonnas red cake - FA. 0.5 - 1% works well in recipes
up - coffee, cream, cereal. Haven't used it
(and some of the above for a cookie recipe but not entirely sure which ones)

help much appreciated,

@mannikon not following any recipes but i think i should now aha, i was planning on just keeping it simple trying to make a cookie mix with 1 or 2 flavors so figured it wouldnt be that complicated tbh but i made this recipe in the picture below with just cookie to see how it'd taste and well it wasnt really a distinctive cookie taste :/ i did have a little taste 10 mins after i mixed it just to have a rough idea of the flavor ( i read some people do this), should i have let it steep alot longer? but will definitly start following some recipes and tweak things from there thank you
upload_2017-8-28_14-35-50.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom