What's new

mixing, too strong? did i make mistake?

Isnt it better to write somethink that is other that just thinking and impressions?

Your vague and unclear numbers are not better.
In this situation it could be dangerous.
I'm baffled as to how some of our esteemed members have managed to give you good answers.
Have there been edits?

50ml of 1000mg/ml nic contains 50,000 mg of nicotine.

If you *added* that to 1 litre of VG/PG, you'll have 1050ml of liquid containing 50,000 mg of nicotine.

If you then diluted that into 4 litre bottles each containing 750ml of VG/PG...

...you'll have 50ml of high strength nicotine liquid left over at the end.

Regardless of the ultimate accuracy of the measurements, 50,000mg of nic diluted into 4000ml equals a maximum of 12.5 mg/ml, *on average*.

But stirring your initial dilution "with a stick for 3 or 4 minutes" isn't going to spread your 1000mg/ml nicotine evenly enough in a litre to have a consistent concentration throughout.

I would imagine that the higher the concentration of the additive, the more mixing is required in order to distribute that additive evenly.

Even with 72mg/ml nicotine added to a litre, I would shake it *vigorously* for a few minutes. With 1000mg/ml I would want some form of industrial mixing solution that ensures even distribution.

Can you imagine the producers of large bottles of 72mg/ml nicotine taking pure nicotine, diluting it, and then just stirring it with a stick for a few minutes? How could they ensure the accuracy of the results?

You have large hotspots of nicotine in your original 1 litre mix, spread into 4 litres now.

Who knows what strength each bottle is? One could be half what you wanted, another could be three times what you wanted.

Your strength calculations seem right, but your mixing isn't nearly good enough.

If you want to save it, dump it all into a sealable 5 litre container (to give it room to move), seal it tight and shake it like hell for an hour or two.

Last edited:
No matter how you look at this, doing what the OP is asking about is a bad idea. Anyone who can do this and handle that sort of concentration safely wouldn't be asking about his harsh mix on this forum. My original advice stands.

Back
Top Bottom