What's new

Making an unflavoured base

Dagger

Achiever
Hi guys.
I have a shit ton of mixing to do since my stocks are getting low.
I really loath mixing, that's why I do a month or two per session but to make it easier I'm wondering if this time I should make 500ml of 3mg 70/30 with no flavour that I can just decant into each bottle with the concentrate rather than measure out each mix.

I know my ratios will be a bit off if I have 70/30 base before adding in the pg favouring and my nic will slightly dilute but It's not to critical too me.
So would it work making 500ml of 3mg 70/30 base and then measuring out each flavour into their bottles and just topping off? Would it be better maybe going for 75/25 to compensate for the pg flavours?

you could just mix up your 500ml to the right amount (as if you were to mix your flavour) but leave the concentrate out, so that when you add your flavour concentrate you have a 70/30 finished juice ready to go.

if that makes any sense

I'm mixing several flavours though, ranging from 13% to 25% that's why my base can't be made exact to suit my final juices

I wouldn't mate but if your going to make your 500ml to like 85/15 then you will be closer to your 70/30

Then just make your base mix leaving space for up to 25% flavouring, and when you use less flavouring top it up with PG.

I'm mixing several flavours though, ranging from 13% to 25% that's why my base can't be made exact to suit my final juices
sounds like youll probably be better mixing as you have been, at least theres plenty of steep time.
atb

Then just make your base mix leaving space for up to 25% flavouring, and when you use less flavouring top it up with PG.
I'd do this @Dagger, but make the base mix with 4mg nic; then once you add the flavouring and extra PG to make 25% I reckon you'll end up with 3mg 70/30 [emoji4]

Do you mix with syringes? I hated mixing until I bought some scales...

Thanks for the replies guys. I like the suggestion from @speedfreek67 might give that a go, and yeah @domejunky I use syringes, that why I loath mixing so much, all the washing and drying afterwards, makes the whole process so laborious. I did consider weighing out mixes instead but have never seen a calculator do weights and find it a bit of a boggle to get my head around!

Back
Top Bottom