What's new

Last attempt at home brew juice...

bmkvaper

Postman
Ok so I've made a ton of juices, different flavouring brands (TFA, CAP etc), tried all kinds of recipes from complicated to damn straightforward. Always correct amount of flavouring %. Steeped, aired, rested, whatever other names you want to give to the long processes needed... Conclusion? Tastes like shyte. Why? Tastes like chemical/perfume.

Yes I have tried air'ing it to let the"perfumey fumes out"

Yes I have tried different brands of nicotine (darkstar & chefs vapour included)...

Yes I do know some flavouring are supposedly perfumes because you "taste with scent" or some alien logic thing so it's only normal.... But every damn juice I make?

I have let others try my juice, the feedback ranges from "its ok" to "wow that's amazing" but I have a very sensitive palette and can taste every note very well... To me it tastes like chemicals. Strong chemicals or perfume.

Someone please save me. I am spending far too much on eliquid vendors! Please!

You say you use the correct amount of flavour.
Never knew there was such a thing , only what is correct for you.
in your situation i would be trying your most successful or least unsuccessful recipes with much less flavour.
Perhaps half as much or even less.

You say you use the correct amount of flavour.
Never knew there was such a thing , only what is correct for you.
in your situation i would be trying your most successful or least unsuccessful recipes with much less flavour.
Perhaps half as much or even less.

Correct amount of flavour in accordance e to recipes...

I have tried recipes with good reviews/rating and same thing unfortunately.

What is your usual bag? (premade)
Are you high/low vg/pg?
mtl?

Certain flavours taste like perfume to me. Blueberry & grape for instance. What flavour profiles are you mixing?

How long have you been mixing your own juices?
A little self-awareness helps. Are you the impatient type, expecting instant success with the minimum amount of effort? Or have you invested some time into learning about the concentrates you're buying? Do you have the patience to cope with a trial and error process?
If you have a very sensitive palette, are you able to evaluate and adapt the recipes that you've followed to suit you?

What is your usual bag? (premade)
Are you high/low vg/pg?
mtl?
Absolutely nothing I have made myself is vape'able (for me at least).
High VG (70/30)
I do MTL or Direct, varies.

Certain flavours taste like perfume to me. Blueberry & grape for instance. What flavour profiles are you mixing?
Trying to go for the custard/cereal type juices as I prefer those but to be honest I've tried my hand at fruity ones too.

How long have you been mixing your own juices?
A little self-awareness helps. Are you the impatient type, expecting instant success with the minimum amount of effort? Or have you invested some time into learning about the concentrates you're buying? Do you have the patience to cope with a trial and error process?
If you have a very sensitive palette, are you able to evaluate and adapt the recipes that you've followed to suit you?

I am extremely impatient but I do wait it out/learn by trial and error... I have researched the concentrates & the recipes to my knowledge. I think I could adapt the recipes but the overpowering of chemical/perfume taste is overwhelming, I wouldn't be able to hide that with a better mix. I've used less and more % flavours, they always feel overpowered with that awful chemical taste.

Back
Top Bottom