What's new

I'm new to mixing, can you help me?

tisJordan

Hey everyone, thanks for finding your way onto my post!

Now to make it as short as possible, I'm new round these ends and extremely new to mixing! I've been vaping for 2 years and suddenly realised how beneficial 'homebrew' or 'mixing' can be in many different ways; can be cheaper, can go for the exact flavour you want and can clone liquids again to save the notes, but before I go ahead can the community help me with the following questions?

(Please note I've ALREADY purchased all my PG, VG, Nicotine & Flavourings alongside with measuring syringes from 'Darkstar'. Nicotine is PG based.)

So I've got all my stuff ready to go and haven't forgotten my gloves for the nicotine! Now I've got two flavourings to start me off, simple and two flavours that I like although basic. One is Spearmint (Flavor apprentice) and the other is Strawberry Kiwi (Flavor West, may be basic to you but I'm starting out! Now I understand the recipes and breathing + steeping but;

1): "Is there any specific way it is beneficial to mix,e.g putting the VG & PG together first and then the nicotine?"
2): "Once I've put all the 'ingredients' into the bottle, is Spearmint and instant vape? (Shake N' Vape?)
3): "Once I've put all the 'ingredients' into the bottle, is Strawberry & Kiwi and instant vape? (Shake N' Vape?)

There's my three questions it'd be awesome to have an answer for, yes I could Google it but it's nice to get involved with a community and have up-to-date answers and feedback.

Just before I cut the post, I'd like to say I really appreciate any help. If anyone has any links or anything that could help me out or tables as a guide to how long liquids take to steep etc that'd be fab. I'm sorry if the post is long or doesn't make sense in some places, I work nights and way past my time I should be sleeping!!!

Practise makes better.

1. Nope, as long as it is all in the bottle at the end, it will all mix, blend and ripen.
2. Probably.
3. Probably, but test over a couple of days. Maybe make another bottles worth and let ripen over say a week or two

There is no set guide to juice blending, it is all personal taste. I like to let mine sit in the juice drawer for weeks others can do mix and vape.
Experiment, find out what you like.
And let us know how it all turns out!!

Make life easier for yourself and try a one shot concentrate to get you going, it's a piece of cake.
You can always add another flavour if you want to be adventurous.
Chefs flavours one shots are good, I like Nice Custard Cream or Uni Milk or Queen of Puddings, the DIY or Die range get good reviews, saves all the guesswork.

Hey everyone, thanks for finding your way onto my post!

Now to make it as short as possible, I'm new round these ends and extremely new to mixing! I've been vaping for 2 years and suddenly realised how beneficial 'homebrew' or 'mixing' can be in many different ways; can be cheaper, can go for the exact flavour you want and can clone liquids again to save the notes, but before I go ahead can the community help me with the following questions?

(Please note I've ALREADY purchased all my PG, VG, Nicotine & Flavourings alongside with measuring syringes from 'Darkstar'. Nicotine is PG based.)

So I've got all my stuff ready to go and haven't forgotten my gloves for the nicotine! Now I've got two flavourings to start me off, simple and two flavours that I like although basic. One is Spearmint (Flavor apprentice) and the other is Strawberry Kiwi (Flavor West, may be basic to you but I'm starting out! Now I understand the recipes and breathing + steeping but;

1): "Is there any specific way it is beneficial to mix,e.g putting the VG & PG together first and then the nicotine?"
2): "Once I've put all the 'ingredients' into the bottle, is Spearmint and instant vape? (Shake N' Vape?)
3): "Once I've put all the 'ingredients' into the bottle, is Strawberry & Kiwi and instant vape? (Shake N' Vape?)

There's my three questions it'd be awesome to have an answer for, yes I could Google it but it's nice to get involved with a community and have up-to-date answers and feedback.

Just before I cut the post, I'd like to say I really appreciate any help. If anyone has any links or anything that could help me out or tables as a guide to how long liquids take to steep etc that'd be fab. I'm sorry if the post is long or doesn't make sense in some places, I work nights and way past my time I should be sleeping!!!

Practise makes better.
Hi

I nearly gave up mixing but persisted and I'm pretty average to good at it now.

I would recommend looking at DIY or DIE on YouTube.

I learnt so much from Wayne's channel he really covers everything.

Thanks for all replies, I made the juice 10 minutes ago from posting this reply.

It seems to be a little cloudy in the bottle, but as I leave it it's slowly clearing from the bottom to the top, is this normal?

Thanks for all replies, I made the juice 10 minutes ago from posting this reply.

It seems to be a little cloudy in the bottle, but as I leave it it's slowly clearing from the bottom to the top, is this normal?

It is just air bubbles from the mixing, probably.

Yes it is normal buddy iv just made a bottle of strawberry for a friend and it has done the same thing and does every time I make her it [emoji2]

Finished my night shift and returned home to find that the bottle is still cloudy!

Decided to try it and woah! TOO STRONG, WAY TOO STRONG! I amended a recipe's final ratio, but accidentally changed the flavour % from 10 to 20, so double the amount of flavour we can all imagine.

Does some e-Liquid always remain cloudy throughout it's life then?

Back
Top Bottom