What's new

I'm getting fed up mixing.

I'm in pretty much the same position, have made loads - all nasty. I've found an incredibly horrible overpowering flavour thats kind of aniseed or something from the recipes i've been trying. I fucking HATE aniseed and would never have bought it or gone anywhere near a recipe so its either a really bad flavour or a strong chemical aftertaste from one of the ones i have bought. (probably TFA blueberry or bubblegum)

I think the problem with the e-recipe site is people use it to experiment with a recipe and it just gets posted without realising. Would explain why there are so many 1 flavour recipes on there.

It is annoying not managing to crack mixing, I keeping ending up tooting a dodgy concentrate I found on ebay! at least i know i like it.

Would love to find a sensible bakewell tart recipe.

I use a android app called Eliquidrecipes which allows me to put in a list of what concentrates by make I like, then lists recipes from that. I have found 4 cracking ones based on flavor arts concentrates that are great.

I use a android app called Eliquidrecipes which allows me to put in a list of what concentrates by make I like, then lists recipes from that. I have found 4 cracking ones based on flavor arts concentrates that are great.
Is that not the same place in app form?

That's cheating! lol Cheers ment how would you actually use that then? mix it at 5% ish? and should I be worried about ethanol?

That's cheating! lol Cheers ment how would you actually use that then? mix it at 5% ish? and should I be worried about ethanol?

CCW's concentrations are all over the place, but this is one of the stronger ones, so 5-10% should do it. You can add cream or vanilla or anything you like to it.

Ethanol is quite commonly used in eliquids so it's nothing to worry about. Oil is more of a worry, and CCW have a list at the bottom of their flavourings page of their liquids with oil in.

cheers mate. I've ordered 5 different flavours from their website so i'll see how I get on.

I've been making eliquid using recipes on http://e-liquid-recipes.com.
So far I've made 35 different ones.
I would make 4 out of the 35 again, the rest were below average tasting to complete garbage.
The last dozen I made just scunnered me. My comments on my spread sheet are now reduced to :-(
I make them 50 pg/ 50 vg regardless of the recipe as I MTL. Could this be the problem?
Anyone got any tips for making better eliquid?

I honestly think it is better to start with a blank paper and make your own recipes, adding and removing what you like and what you do not, taking notes and logging everything - then when you look at a recipe later on, you can be like "no that will be shit i will replace with X" I'm currently working on a watermelon chill clone that started with a recipe and people had commented saying wow its perfect, well i thought it was dog shit, i spend days doing it off my own head and i have achieved more going in blind like that than following anthers subjective ideas. Then when you produce something amazing you feel so much more accomplished than following alist that may or may not even be close to what you are looking for.

I honestly think it is better to start with a blank paper and make your own recipes, adding and removing what you like and what you do not, taking notes and logging everything - then when you look at a recipe later on, you can be like "no that will be shit i will replace with X" I'm currently working on a watermelon chill clone that started with a recipe and people had commented saying wow its perfect, well i thought it was dog shit, i spend days doing it off my own head and i have achieved more going in blind like that than following anthers subjective ideas. Then when you produce something amazing you feel so much more accomplished than following alist that may or may not even be close to what you are looking for.

That's what I'm going to try, stick to flavours I know I like.
I've followed recipes with flavours I don't like normally (blueberry, watermelon etc) then wondered why I don't like the taste.
I've already mixed up a lemon meringue pie and it tasted better than most of the recipes on ELR. Probably because my taste buds like the concentrates and I couldn't go far wrong.
I've been tasting individual flavors and making notes although my notes are very concise. EG "not much taste"
Some of the notes I've read online are a bit snobbish and bullshit to me. A bit like whisky reviews. "smokey with hints of apple and lavender". No it's not, it tastes like whisky.
Whisky tastes like whisky unless it's a peaty whisky, then it's rotten.

That's what I'm going to try, stick to flavours I know I like.
I've followed recipes with flavours I don't like normally (blueberry, watermelon etc) then wondered why I don't like the taste.
I've already mixed up a lemon meringue pie and it tasted better than most of the recipes on ELR. Probably because my taste buds like the concentrates and I couldn't go far wrong.
I've been tasting individual flavors and making notes although my notes are very concise. EG "not much taste"
Some of the notes I've read online are a bit snobbish and bullshit to me. A bit like whisky reviews. "smokey with hints of apple and lavender". No it's not, it tastes like whisky.
Whisky tastes like whisky unless it's a peaty whisky, then it's rotten.

Good to see you getting somewhere now, compared to your op. I tend to buy 3 or 4 different manufacturer's version of a flavour I like and decide which I prefer or which will layer better with another. You really do have to try things yourself rather than trust someone else's tastebuds. Saying that, some recipies do give you a great idea of what goes together well if they're by someone who knows their shit. It's finding those people on ELR that's the problem as it's so big and there are so many folk just chucking up shit recipes.

Lol at your notes comment. I hate the flowery language folks use. It's particularly bad on the reddit reviews of flavours 'On the inhale you get a creamy strawberry from the fields of heaven, with hints of honeydew and fairy mist and on the exhale is dog shite from Dundee, possibly from a highland terrier or a scotty dog.' Does my head in.

I actually prefer peaty whisky myself :p

Back
Top Bottom