What's new

I'm getting fed up mixing.

I'm not sure about DIYorDie.
Here is my comment on my spreadsheet for one of their supposed best recipes (Cannoli Contest), "Another waste of time :("

I was thinking more about tuition rather than copying specific recipes. Taste is very subjective and you could be an oddball who doesn't go with the majority, so I was thinking along the lines of finding out which groups flavours belong to, which groups go together, which are the best brands for a particular flavour etc.

Above all, and not wishing to sound too corny, DIY isn't just about the destination, the journey should be pleasurable too, and, having already invested plenty of time and money you find you're not enjoying yourself it may be best to switch to one-shots.

I'm not sure about the "oddball" lol but I do seem to have different taste buds to the majority on e-liquid-recipes.com as I think most of the recipes are garbage.
I taste pepper in certain custards and yeast in joy. I've not yet tried making my own recipes, it just seems a bit daunting.
I'm going to have to give it a go at some point as I've started to recognise certain flavours I like eg. coconut extra and flavours I don't like eg. strawberry ripe.

Joy has the same flavour as zepolla in it (I’m sure) which tastes of yeasty cardboard to me, so you’re not alone.

I had the same experience as you and I think ‘all the recipes’ have better ones. After making a bunch I started to sort them by author and this helped me find some that suited my taste. It remains more failure than wins but I have fun mixing and only do a 10ml tester. After a year I have a list of about 10 I really like much more than 99% premades. Adjusting recipes is good advice as mentioned above.

That's what I've started doing with the apple bacco author.
There was another called morning moo juice by juicefairy that I would give a 7/10. I made another one of her recipes and it was a 1/10.

I had the same experience as you and I think ‘all the recipes’ have better ones. After making a bunch I started to sort them by author and this helped me find some that suited my taste. It remains more failure than wins but I have fun mixing and only do a 10ml tester. After a year I have a list of about 10 I really like much more than 99% premades. Adjusting recipes is good advice as mentioned above.

Do you mean all the flavors?
I made a flavor list that I now want to delete. I can't figure out how to do it. Is it possible? It's just a small thing but it's driving me mad.

Do you mean all the flavors?
I made a flavor list that I now want to delete. I can't figure out how to do it. Is it possible? It's just a small thing but it's driving me mad.

Yes sorry atf. I only made a list of my stash on elr so can’t help you with that I’m afraid [emoji45]

Joy has the same flavour as zepolla in it (I’m sure) which tastes of yeasty cardboard to me, so you’re not alone.
Ahh, glad to hear, im ultra fussy with cake, cookie, bakery type concentrates. I was so close to getting both those in my last order but instead stuck with my favourite Cap Sugar cookie. Tried so many that found their way to the bin.

Ahh, glad to hear, im ultra fussy with cake, cookie, bakery type concentrates. I was so close to getting both those in my last order but instead stuck with my favourite Cap Sugar cookie. Tried so many that found their way to the bin.

I think it’s just down to the different way we perceive flavours. Some people think ut’s great. It’s a strange one for me, I can briefly taste what I think it’s supposed to taste like, then I lose it and the cardboard/yeast taste comes through.

You should try FA cookie, that’s a good one.

I think it’s just down to the different way we perceive flavours. Some people think ut’s great. It’s a strange one for me, I can briefly taste what I think it’s supposed to taste like, then I lose it and the cardboard/yeast taste comes through.

You should try FA cookie, that’s a good one.
Yeah, a while ago I go Fa and Cap sugar cookie. I reckon the Cap was nicer. But also tried Boston Cream Pie and Choc Glazed Doughnut, that horrible taste was always in the background, like dirty socks smell. :18:
I don't try too many different bakery ones now as I was getting just 1 out of 4 I liked. Though iv got a Cap Lemon meringue pie steeping which smells promising.

Back
Top Bottom