What's new

How to get that fizz in your blend

breakbystealth

Postman
I can't find the thread but I'm sure I read somewhere? I love squid ink like most do but have always wondered how do you get that kinda fizz taste to juice. I'm happy with my mixes but need to step it up a gear and learn about the tricks and using additives to add that little extra. Anyone give me any tips to step up to the next level :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I suspect the 'fizz' is a highly guarded secret! That said I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon with some ideas!

Well done with getting so good with your juices that you just need a few tweeks to make it perfect!

breakbystealth I've been looking for this as well! :) I found a few people on other forums mentioning Flavor West's 'Swedish fish' flavour giving a fizz, so I've got some on order to try....

I have the Swedish fish liquid but was not a fan of the flavour but could over power the flavours with some of your own :-) I like that idea LilyRed, also I have been meaning to ask you about the concentrates you were giving away the other week... Are they any good and how much do you need to add for a good flavour

We are in the same position. Got a fair few flavours nailed but now need to step it up a bit. Will be interesting to see how you got on with the "Swedish Fish" LilyRed ;)

Thanks Blossom, I would not say im that good... More enthusiasm than skill with me most of the time. I just want to find out some tricks as it cant just be a case of..... I buy a little bottle and add a drop or two and there I have a fizzy juice.lol I just want to get the best out of mixing as I enjoy it so much :-)

I have mixed Swedish Fish from Alba Vapours and the only way I could get that 'fizz' was adding a few drops of malic acid per ml of the mix, Leisure liquids have the PA Sour Flavour, which is malic acid in PG ;)

breakbystealth - I'm just steeping my PI flavours as singles now, because I made up mixes before hand - pink champagne - yummy! Some of the guys who won have posted reviews already here - writing my reviews is in my to do pile - honest! :D I've also got some Nanny bakes/Fantasy Fudge, & some Cupcake world ones steeping as I write after a meg-mixing sesh yesterday that I need to review.

I reckon Gilliandrea is on the money though with the malic acid - I bought some pre-mix which I've been using, but I don't think it's very strong (as in I can't taste the difference between when I use it or not and I can't taste or sense any acidity in the pre-mix) so I've got some powdered on order - or at least in my basket, must finish that order :) from Amazon). I think that both citric and malic acid are made up at 10-15% with PG/VG - please can someone confirm that? :) So far I've not noticed a 'fizz' with the pre-mix I have :(

I've got pharma grade citric acid crystals at home here that I normally use for lime scale removal (water here is so hard it leaves stalactites on the taps!), so I'll try this too. In food both of these are actually used as acidity regulators and in tobacco cigarettes citric acid is used to make the paper burn more slowly...

BrothersVXR I'll post up reviews as and when I've got tests done of the Swedish Fish flavour. I am concerned that it will add the flavour of the candy that the flavour is based on as well as a fizz to whatever it's used in... :hmm:

That is normally used as an emulsifier though Chegs, I don't think it adds a fizz - but correct me if I'm wrong, this is a huge learning curve :) Me being able to cook and use spices and stuff is one thing I find easy, this is a whole new ball game! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom