What's new

Help with 100% VG ejuice

Ringsnthings

Postman
Hi all..

Hoping for some help with trying to vape with 100% VG ejuice. Have mixed myself up a bottle to give a try as I've been suffering from really bad cracked lips since I started vaping. Have changed from stainless steel drip tips with no improvement. Even been trying sulphate free toothpaste to see if that would help..It hasnt so I'm at my wits end with it.

Someone told me it may actually be an allergy to PG so that's where I'm at now. I use Strawberry Ripe flavouring it's the only concentrate I really like..I understand that this is mixed with PG but hoping as I only mix it to 10% I might see some improvement. I aslo use VG nicotine.

The thing is..having mixed a bottle up tonight, it dawned on me that it's really thick. Will it actually vape ok??

Any advice gratefully received ☺

Depends on what you're vaping on. An rda should have no problem, a stock coil will struggle.

what about lypsyl?
if you have no other symptoms of of a pg intolerance , could just be dry lips, or slight dehydration

This is another problem as I use Nautilis X..Kangertech Turbo and a Kangertech Mega all the coils are 1.8ohm.

I have asthma and can't use anything bigger..kills my chest.

Hi WaitFor

I have tried every lip balm known to man and keep well hydrated. Only relief. I get is steriod cream so not ideal.

I'm possibly clutching at straws but thought by trying to elimanate one thing at a time I might find out if there is something to do with vaping causing it.

You could try adding distilled water to your juice @Ringsnthings; start with a low percentage and work up til it wicks well -- 10% would be the absolute maximum you should need.

This is another problem as I use Nautilis X..Kangertech Turbo and a Kangertech Mega all the coils are 1.8ohm.

I have asthma and can't use anything bigger..kills my chest.
Sadly you havnt got a hope in hell with a 1.8 coil which are more suited to 50vg/50pg.
As said a dripper is best for high VG juice

as the others have said, you need a subohm tank for high VG and a dripper for 100% VG.

To use on a 1.8ohm coil with no PG, you would need to thin it down with distilled water or mix with AG (aqueous glycerine, where VG comes premixed with distilled water). 10% distilled water should give a similar consistency as a 50:50 PG:VG juice.

Best use distilled water and not tap water as the minerals/chemicals in ordinary water can potentially be harmful when vaped.

You could try adding distilled water to your juice @Ringsnthings; start with a low percentage and work up til it wicks well -- 10% would be the absolute maximum you should need.

Thanks Cindy

Had a go with it in the Kanger turbo this morning and it's working. Possibly because it's a dual coil. Definitely missing the throat hit but will plod on and see if my lips get any improvement.

Back
Top Bottom