What's new

Help, how do I make a blended concentrate?

The trick to avoiding that is that your blended concentrates will be things like (Blended) strawberry, or caramel, or in this case cream base. So you wouldn't add your strawberry base into a mix with strawberry in it etc.
The recipe in the OP is a blindingly good cream base btw. I found it somewhere on the Internet and have recently been experimenting with it. It is like the best clotted cream you ever tasted and all you need do after that is add in whatever you want to the blank and cream. Seriously good.

The CAP V Custard is V1, yes?

@cindy99 gave the correct formula, but you obviously just want to make a one shot for a recipe you regularly use and I think I've worked out what it is you want.

You would combine, say, 40ml, 10, 5, 20 and 20 to make 95ml of concentrate, add 5ml of vg or pg to make it up to 100ml and now you would use 10ml in each 100ml of finished juice.

@cindy99 gave the correct formula, but you obviously just want to make a one shot for a recipe you regularly use and I think I've worked out what it is you want.

You would combine, say, 40ml, 10, 5, 20 and 20 to make 95ml of concentrate, add 5ml of vg or pg to make it up to 100ml and now you would use 10ml in each 100ml of finished juice.
A one shot? How very dare you. :D
I want to be able to use it at various percentages in @crunchynut's creamy toffee project, to get a creamy note without having to go full cream on its ass.

It feels like the Jedi mindfuck moment has passed already but, do you really want to make 10mls of this one shot? :D

As soon as there's more than 3-4 flavourings in a blend that I'm going to reuse, I will make up similar one-shots because it saves a shedload of time. I wouldn't set out to make a very simple task more difficult, by picking a random amount of finished blended flavouring just because it's a round number. Numbers can be your friend - whatever happened to KISS?

I would make 9.5mls, or 14.25mls, or 19mls but it wouldn't occur to me to make 10mls.

Funny things numbers ... I was thinking this morning that the EU wants the UK to pay them 60 billion for leaving, the UK would prefer to pay nothing. Obviously the UK will end up paying something, the EU might not get the full 60 billion. Does it make the negotiation more or less difficult because there are a lot of numbers between 0 and 60 billion? They just have to pick one number and there's plenty of choice!

It feels like the Jedi mindfuck moment has passed already but, do you really want to make 10mls of this one shot? :D

As soon as there's more than 3-4 flavourings in a blend that I'm going to reuse, I will make up similar one-shots because it saves a shedload of time. I wouldn't set out to make a very simple task more difficult, by picking a random amount of finished blended flavouring just because it's a round number. Numbers can be your friend - whatever happened to KISS?

I would make 9.5mls, or 14.25mls, or 19mls but it wouldn't occur to me to make 10mls.

Funny things numbers ... I was thinking this morning that the EU wants the UK to pay them 60 billion for leaving, the UK would prefer to pay nothing. Obviously the UK will end up paying something, the EU might not get the full 60 billion. Does it make the negotiation more or less difficult because there are a lot of numbers between 0 and 60 billion? They just have to pick one number and there's plenty of choice!
1. For the tenth time, or is it the 9.5th time, it is not a one shot!
2. It was an exercise in mathematics and my inability on that day to solve said mathematical problem!
3. 10ml was just an example. I was looking for a formula that would allow me to make any amount and for blends that didn't lend themselves as naturally to making 9.5ml!
4. Leave me alone!
5. There is no 5, but I have to make it to 10.
6. Oh fuck this, 6 will do.

1, if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog, I'm not calling it a weasel
2. you're Scottish
3. I would've left you alone but you tagged me, I'm being polite which is rare so enjoy it
4. good luck with making your next one shot
5. Kim Basinger and Mickey Rourke v Dudley Moore and Bo Derek

1. For the tenth time, or is it the 9.5th time, it is not a one shot!
2. It was an exercise in mathematics and my inability on that day to solve said mathematical problem!
3. 10ml was just an example. I was looking for a formula that would allow me to make any amount and for blends that didn't lend themselves as naturally to making 9.5ml!
4. Leave me alone!
5. There is no 5, but I have to make it to 10.
6. Oh fuck this, 6 will do.

Your question was a bit like the old brainteaser "what happened to the other pound?" - there was no question, it was all in your head.

My turn. If I want to make vanilla custard, how much menthol should I use?

Back
Top Bottom