What's new

Harsh throat hit

MJRoberts

Hi im new to vaping, only been vaping for 2 months and decided to start making my own juice, I was on a budget so I decided to get a base mix of 70/30 vg/pg, I added 10% flavour then I added 10ml of nic that was 100% vg, this made it 3mg nic that's what I get from the shops, in my mind this make the juice 70/30 but I'm getting harsh throat hits, could anyone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong?
Will leaving it steep longer give it less of a throat hit?
Should I get some vg and add a little bit?

Thank you in advance.

People will be able to help better with more info. Where is the nic from? What flavour concentrate are you using? some concentrates are more harsh than others and there is wild variance in the amounts you need to use.

As I’m very new to mixing myself in fact I have not started yet but I have done a lot of research and asked on here many questions..

Have you allowed your mix to steep.? Most recommend 1-2 weeks..

If you keep adding stuff you will never get it right..
using a Eliquid calculator the potv one is the best I have seen and stick to that recipe but adjust if needed using the calculator calculation ie more flavour concentrate or more nic etc....

There are mixing experts here who will answer you with more expert advice..

It's more likely to be the combination of flavourings that are making the throat hit harsh than nicotine TBH. Even though nic can be peppery it doesn't usually vary that much to make huge differences. What flavours specifically did you mix up and at what percentages? I go through quite a lot of different flavours and brands to find which are the lowest on the throat hit scales and find some just don't mix well with others.

The nicotine is from tmb notes, 100% vg it didn't smell of anything when putting it in, the flavour is bubblegum millions from the same place, its only steeped for 3 days just thought I would test it out and that's when I realised it was harsh. I used the steam engine calculator, but as I said I had used a 70/30 base mix from tmb notes.

Mix a little up without nicotine, try it at 10% and 20% and see what difference that makes. As it's going to be a flavour that's mixed up by the supplier as a one shot recipe you can't dissect the components and try and find where it's coming from that way unfortunately.

I'd leave it another 4 days then try again. It might settle with a longer steep. Failing that you might need to lower the flavour percentage a wee bit.

What was the total amount of liquid you made? In ml? Was the nic 18mg? Can't work the figures without that info.

I found the issue, at the same time I started trying diy juice I also started to use the RBA for my Cleito, after advice from a friend who had no issue when he vaped it I made a new batch and made it 1.5mg and it's beautiful, thank you all for you help and suggestions glad you are all willing to give me your input.

Also should add I cheated slightly and did a crock pot steep, I know time is best but for experimental purposes this was the fastest way.

Back
Top Bottom