What's new

Good places to get DIY supplies

Hi I'm new to the site and I'm not sure how to start my own thread yet, so hopefully the op don't mind me asking here. You say vapable is good but do you recommend there own concentrates ?
Hello and welcome to POTV. I have not used any of Vapable’s own concentrates so I can’t give you a recommendation but a mixing friend of mine has and he said that they are pretty much hit and miss so I would use caution if you do purchase any.
I would advise you to go to this website called https://e-liquid-recipes.com/ where there is a flavour notes section with written reviews. Just go to the flavour list and type in the flavour of your choice and the manufacturer being careful with spelling and you will then get a list, choose the one with the highest rating/number or most popular and then you can read all of the reviews and comments about that particular flavour. There are easy to follow instructions on the website which will explain what to do much better than I can here (I’m not the best at explaining things) and also give advise to new mixers. When I first started mixing I made the common mistake of buying a load of flavours that I liked the sound of which can be a costly exercise because many of them were not good, instead I should have found a few highly rated recipes that I liked the sound of and just bought the flavours that they needed. Don’t buy large bottles of concentrates until you know that you like them and only make small batches of recipes for the same reason. I always allow my recipes to steep and give them time for the flavours to mingle properly before deciding if I like them especially with creams and custards which can take up to a month or more to get the best flavour from them. Less is often more when it comes to the percentages to use flavours as they can taste bad if you use to much and can also actually mute themselves.
This will all become clearer when you read more about how to mix your own juice, reading is your best friend.

Though vaping for a few years I've only recently started trying different juices/flavours so not very experienced but I'm liking the concentrates I've tried from Drip Hacks, they also work out as good value which is a nice bonus.

Though vaping for a few years I've only recently started trying different juices/flavours so not very experienced but I'm liking the concentrates I've tried from Drip Hacks, they also work out as good value which is a nice bonus.
I’m glad you are enjoying the Drip Hacks, that is one flavour house that I haven’t tried but have heard they are good especially for a new mixer because they are pretty much like a one shot concentrate that you just add the base and Nic to. I think that’s a great way to start with DIY before trying to mix your own separate concentrates.

@archiecat sorry mate I just realised it’s you, I really must get my eyes tested again, damn diabetes. I mixed those CSC flavours up that you sent me and they should be ready for testing now. I normally let things steep around a fortnight before testing and then test them again after a month to get the full spectrum of flavour from a concentrate as sometimes things can get missed if tested too early especially with creams and custards like the ones that you sent me. It’s a good indication if a flavour will fade or remain strong after steeping which can be disastrous if you are making a large batch that will last you a long time. Fruits are a bit different but I still let them steep for a week at least. I will PM you the results in the next few days, if I feel brave I might even post my reviews publicly but we shall see. I’m a bit shy like that and not the best with these fancy words that people use to describe flavour nuances like that of a fine wine lol.

@archiecat sorry mate I just realised it’s you, I really must get my eyes tested again, damn diabetes. I mixed those CSC flavours up that you sent me and they should be ready for testing now. I normally let things steep around a fortnight before testing and then test them again after a month to get the full spectrum of flavour from a concentrate as sometimes things can get missed if tested too early especially with creams and custards like the ones that you sent me. It’s a good indication if a flavour will fade or remain strong after steeping which can be disastrous if you are making a large batch that will last you a long time. Fruits are a bit different but I still let them steep for a week at least. I will PM you the results in the next few days, if I feel brave I might even post my reviews publicly but we shall see. I’m a bit shy like that and not the best with these fancy words that people use to describe flavour nuances like that of a fine wine lol.

Hi Lucas, really enjoying the Cyro Mango and Acid Drop (very sweet) that I got from Drip hacks about a week ago and their Blood Eagle is my every day vape, of course it's all subjective and others will think there horrible. A few juices that i've tried that are enthused about by others just taste like chemical crap to me :) Getting the vaping gear is easy finding juices you like isn't!

Hi Lucas, really enjoying the Cyro Mango and Acid Drop (very sweet) that I got from Drip hacks about a week ago and their Blood Eagle is my every day vape, of course it's all subjective and others will think there horrible. A few juices that i've tried that are enthused about by others just taste like chemical crap to me :) Getting the vaping gear is easy finding juices you like isn't!
Exactly, it is very true what they say about flavour being subjective. I’ve just got back from the hospital with my Mum and I’m a bit knackered right now so I will catch up with you later mate. Take care buddy.

Blood of Vikings is another nice one. Also there grape is good too :)

Back
Top Bottom