What's new

Getting to the bottom of Cherry

I think TPA cherry extract tastes very much like cherry, the issue is that it tastes like cherry juice, has no body and is weak as hell. It also makes everything 'soggy' like tobaccos and pastries.

If you were making a say... cherry and raspberry juice flavour I think it would work well.

i think it might be that this tastes like one aspect of the taste of a cherry. the one that would be prominent in a cherry juice drink. cherries have quite a complex flavour. i think it’s hard for artificial flavour manufacturers to make something that would really taste like eating a cherry.

i think this might be true for most artificial fruit flavours, but much more noticeable with cherries. it’s easier for many other artificial fruit flavours to fool you into thinking it tastes like the actual thing.

Will a search of all the old threads on the forum about cherry flavour not quickly establish that there are no cherry flavours that actually taste like cherry.

I am not interested in the flavour but my impression is that there have been many threads over the years and you might be looking for something that does not exist. Perhaps cherry flavour is for folk that like cherry flavour rather than for folk that like cherries.

I asked a chemist/mixology/biosomething guy on here yonks ago if cherry was difficult..... he said no... can't find the thread....

I think TPA cherry extract tastes very much like cherry, the issue is that it tastes like cherry juice, has no body and is weak as hell. It also makes everything 'soggy' like tobaccos and pastries.

If you were making a say... cherry and raspberry juice flavour I think it would work well.

Yes. This is it exactly. TPA cherry does taste like cherry, but lacks 'body' and as a result leaks into the other flavours. If you wanted to make a pastry using cherry ruins the bakery notes as a result. I'm looking for a cherry concentrate or mix that could overcome this (as I suspect we all are).

Molinberry Red Cherry
Flavorah Cherry Filling
Flavorah Rainier Cherry
Flavorah Black Cherry
Loran Cherry
Capella Wild Cherry
Capella Tart Cherry
Inawera Cherry V2
Inawera Cherries
Real Flavors Cherry
Real Flavours Wild Cherry
Flavour Art Cherry
TFA Maraschino Cherry
TFA Cherry Extract
TFA Black Cherry
Flavour West Wild Cherry
Flavour West Swiss Cherry
TFA Black Cherry
Flavour West Black Cherry
Flavour West Cherry Natural

20201030_151913.jpg

Last edited:
I hope that I'm wrong but my guess is that this will turn into a very frustrating wild goose chase. Why? Because cherry is a top note flavouring. If you want a full, fleshy fruit taste then you have to think about layering the mix, getting the full, fleshy fruit midtones from another flavour with a dominant cherry sitting on top.

Searching for the best individual cherry flavour might not yield the best cherry flavour to mix in a recipe. Think more about the final vape experience that you want. Should it taste like eating a cherry (which to me is quite thin and watery), or more like a cherry muffin (with cake bottom and mid notes), or a cherry juice (cherry flavour carried by predominantly grape/apple) or thicker fruit mix (cherry over honeydew melon).

Imagine someone sat at a piano, using one finger to play a tune. Now think about how much richer the sound is when all the harmonies are added - bass and mid tones supporting the top notes - this produces a much more satisfying, fuller and richer sound. This is essentially what layering is.

Last edited:
I hope that I'm wrong but my guess is that this will turn into a very frustrating wild goose chase. Why? Because cherry is a top note flavouring. If you want a full, fleshy fruit taste then you have to think about layering the mix, getting the full, fleshy fruit midtones from another flavour with a dominant cherry sitting on top.

Searching for the best individual cherry flavour might not yield the best cherry flavour to mix in a recipe. Think more about the final vape experience that you want. Should it taste like eating a cherry (which to me is quite thin and watery), or more like a cherry muffin (with cake bottom and mid notes), or a cherry juice (cherry flavour carried by predominantly grape/apple) or thicker fruit mix (cherry over honeydew melon).

Imagine someone sat at a piano, using one finger to play a tune. Now think about how much richer the sound is when all the harmonies are added - bass and mid tones supporting the top notes - this produces a much more satisfying, fuller and richer sound. This is essentially what layering is.

I'm looking for a taste like a glace cherry that I can add to a muffin, cake or pastry. I don't want juice, fleshy fruit or anything like that.

Thinking about how they are made (absorbing sugar if I'm correct?) then I guess I'm looking for something like a candied cherry.

I'm really surpised there isn't a 'glace cherry' from one of the European companies, I don't even know if they are a thing in the US or what they might be called.

I'm looking for a taste like a glace cherry that I can add to a muffin, cake or pastry. I don't want juice, fleshy fruit or anything like that.

Thinking about how they are made (absorbing sugar if I'm correct?) then I guess I'm looking for something like a candied cherry.

I'm really surpised there isn't a 'glace cherry' from one of the European companies, I don't even know if they are a thing in the US or what they might be called.
Ah, Inawera do a flavour called Cherries in Liqueur, closest I found to a glace cherry. Would probably need work on sweeteners too in the final mix.

Ah, Inawera do a flavour called Cherries in Liqueur, closest I found to a glace cherry. Would probably need work on sweeteners too in the final mix.

That does sound interesting, I might try and track that down... the 'liqueur' element might work in tobaccos too.

Back
Top Bottom