What's new

Flavours Fading

Gitchy

Achiever
I'm having an issue just now with some of my mixes fading quite quickly. I'll mix them up, leave them a week and when I try them they're good. A week or two later they're faded to buggery.

An example is tfa blueberry Extra 7%, tfa juicy peach 3%, inw Raspberry 1%, inw Shisha Raspberry 2%. It's great for about 2 weeks then weak as pisswater.

Am I overflavouring? Underflavouring? Is it the concentrates used?

This one seems ok in 10ml bottle but once I use anything bigger it's fading.

Doesn't seem a lot of of flavouring there at 13% but i think TFA are strong probably someone who uses those particular concentrates might be more helpful. All my mixes apart from rare occasions tend to be between 17% and 20% and mine tend to get better and more flavoursome the longer they are left so i think you are right to seek advice, wish i could of been of more help but loads of DIYers on here and some will have better knowledge of the concentrates you are using.

Haven't tried those particular ones, but could it be that it's the liquid having steeped over the couple of weeks? One or two of many be change considerably over the course of a fortnight, with some notes fading a bit and others becoming more prominent. Mind you fruit flavours usually don't really develop much over time, at least the ones I use.

Hi mate. I do use the TFA blueberry extra, not the others though, and its never faded. In fact with time it matures and gets a bit more intense if anything! I use it at 6% so one point wouldn't make a difference really. Do you mean you try it and its ok then have other vapes then come back to it and its faded, or you vape it over that couple of weeks and its faded?

Hi mate. I do use the TFA blueberry extra, not the others though, and its never faded. In fact with time it matures and gets a bit more intense if anything! I use it at 6% so one point wouldn't make a difference really. Do you mean you try it and its ok then have other vapes then come back to it and its faded, or you vape it over that couple of weeks and its faded?

Thanks for the reply. And to the other guys as well.

It's a weird one as this particular mix seems to be best after about ten days. 10ml bottles are fine but when I put it in a 30ml it fades really quickly after 2 weeks. I've had that with a couple if others as well and it's frustrating me now. The latest batch is gone taste wise after 12 days!

I'm hoping it's shite bottles. I got some delivered yesterday so am going to whip some up tonight in those and see how it is.

Just wanted to check it's not my recipe before I waste more concentrates so thanks for the info on the blueberry.,

I think I'll mix up one at 6%, one at 7% and I'll do one with tons in to make it up to 20% and see how it goes.

Mate that is weird for sure. I could say shake the daylights out of them before you use them, but you probably do anyway. And still, there's been plenty of times I've neglected or forgot to do it myself, even though id like to think i never forget, but its never made any great difference like that of zero taste! Dont know other than maybe dodgy Vg/Pg?
Good luck sorting it, id hate to make mixes like that to end up with it flavourless.

Thanks for the reply. And to the other guys as well.

It's a weird one as this particular mix seems to be best after about ten days. 10ml bottles are fine but when I put it in a 30ml it fades really quickly after 2 weeks. I've had that with a couple if others as well and it's frustrating me now. The latest batch is gone taste wise after 12 days!

I'm hoping it's shite bottles. I got some delivered yesterday so am going to whip some up tonight in those and see how it is.

Just wanted to check it's not my recipe before I waste more concentrates so thanks for the info on the blueberry.,

I think I'll mix up one at 6%, one at 7% and I'll do one with tons in to make it up to 20% and see how it goes.
Yes it could be the plastic bottles absorbing the flavour out the mix. I use 30ml plastic bottles and don't have that problem, but there is so many different grades of plastic it certainly could be a good shout.

Yes it could be the plastic bottles absorbing the flavour out the mix. I use 30ml plastic bottles and don't have that problem, but there is so many different grades of plastic it certainly could be a good shout.

I think it might be more like dodgy lids letting air in. Been reusing bottles for a while and not thrown them out. I've got tons now so hopefully that's what the issue was.

Didn't help that my missus moaned about my mixes till she realised this morning that her coil was gone. Hence the original post :18:

I think it might be more like dodgy lids letting air in. Been reusing bottles for a while and not thrown them out. I've got tons now so hopefully that's what the issue was.

Didn't help that my missus moaned about my mixes till she realised this morning that her coil was gone. Hence the original post :18:
That's a problem i will have to face, while only using the bottles once would be a waste of money as they are perfectly ok to reuse there is bound to be a tipping point where they have been used too many times. Trying to get value out of the bottles while not affecting quality of liquid is a tricky one that we will probably only find the answer to when we get issues but in time i'm sure i will be able to say a bottle is good for x amount of uses.

That's a problem i will have to face, while only using the bottles once would be a waste of money as they are perfectly ok to reuse there is bound to be a tipping point where they have been used too many times. Trying to get value out of the bottles while not affecting quality of liquid is a tricky one that we will probably only find the answer to when we get issues but in time i'm sure i will be able to say a bottle is good for x amount of uses.

Thats a good point. I think ive not helped it by just reusing shop bought juice bottles as well. The caps and nibs get mixed up and that could make it worse.

I've got 35 bottles there now and the caps and nibs are the same for all the sizes so hopefully my mixes will stay fresher.

Back
Top Bottom