What's new

Flavour %

Kodex

So I haven't been mixing for long struggle with the flavour percentages just looking for a bit of advice mixed a couple of different concentrates and only got 1 actual decent flavour profile out of them other seem a bit weak so I've upped the % but still struggling.

Just keep at it with upping the percentages until you get what you want mate. I find most of my mixes average at 8-15% total flavour with all the concentrates mixed in if I'm using CAP or TFA. I'm just mixing fruits together though as that's what I like. If using INW or FA the percentage will be lower as they're stronger concentrates and it also depends on the flavour.

Try small batches of each one you're trying, like 5 or 10ml, and when you find a mix you like then note down the percentages and knock up a big batch. Your tastes will probably chage as you get more into it so don't be banging out massive bottles until you're very sure of what you like.

I'm still quite new to it all myself and found it took a couple of months to get to the stage where I'm confident enough to try and make up my own mixes. You should try just making recipes off of the e-liquid recipe site or some of the ones on here first until you get more comfortable with it. Maybe even try some one shots.

That's what I've been looking at the minute and also I'm into fruity menthol flavours also like heisenberg and etc but struggle to find good concentrates and yeah I'll just keep going till I get that one spot on mix thank you matey and any other advice on starting up mate

Oddly, adding too much concentrate can have the effect of muting the flavour also. A good idea with all new concentrates is to make a 5ml sample at 5 & 10% (TFA/CAP) and 3 & 5% (INW/FA). This gives you a fair idea of what percentages will work as a standalone/main profile and as part of a recipe.

That's what I've been looking at the minute and also I'm into fruity menthol flavours also like heisenberg and etc but struggle to find good concentrates and yeah I'll just keep going till I get that one spot on mix thank you matey and any other advice on starting up mate

Don't just buy loads of concentrates and try to mix them up. I got a few I knew I'd like and even then fucked up on the percentages and made some awful juice that got poured down the sink so following recipes or reading up a lot on the single flavours and what to mix them at will help. As MrNumpty says, trying 5 or 10ml single mixes might help you figure out what goes where. And don't use nic in your test batches, it might just get wasted if it tastes like cheesy socks (unless you like that sort of thing).

There are loads of threads on here that suggest suppliers of one shots and most of them will have a good heisenberg clone or icy concentrates. My missus is also a fan of menthol and I've mixed her up a few fruity ones but she still likes the bought juices as well.

Trick i learnt early was to do this. Punch into your search engine on the internet this, just for example, Flavour Art Chocolate percentage, or %. You will get heaps of info. Some flavours from some suppliers are great low, eg FA Glory, not a fave of mine but others love it at just 2%. But some FA ones are weak at that and like FA Coconut are best around 8%! Do that with Glory and you'll gag! It can be all over the place. Flavour West Black Licorice, 6% is great. But go to sweeten it with say Capella Super Sweet and all you'll need is 3 to 6 drops. Do the search and you'll be right. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom