What's new

Flavour-testing rda

Leni

Veteran
I’m sure this question’s already covered somewhere, but my head’s a bit useless atm sorry. I’m thinking I could do with an rda, just for testing different flavours and liquids on. I don’t want to be filling a tank when I just want to sample something, if that makes sense?

Do any of you use an rda like this that you could recommend please? I tend to use coils from around 0.6 ohm - 1.2 ohm, so I just want a single coil set-up where I can change flavours easily.

I’m sure this question’s already covered somewhere, but my head’s a bit useless atm sorry. I’m thinking I could do with an rda, just for testing different flavours and liquids on. I don’t want to be filling a tank when I just want to sample something, if that makes sense?

Do any of you use an rda like this that you could recommend please? I tend to use coils from around 0.6 ohm - 1.2 ohm, so I just want a single coil set-up where I can change flavours easily.
Pretty much any single coil RDA is fine. No need to blow a shedload of money. Even a clone will do the job. Wotofo Recurve would be fine for the coils you want to use, postless deck & easy to build on. Sure other recommendations will come along :)2

I spent ages pondering this one and do end up using one for dtl if I've got a few mixes to test at once but ultimately make juice to be vaped in a tank so tend to use the tank mainly for testing.
I've been meaning to pick up one for mtl testing though so watching with interest.

Can't really help I'm afraid @Leni, I just use the little 2ml Hastur Mini for testing liquids I'm working on.

Found using RDAs, still never got the true flavour until the cotton had broken in after a ml or two. Using the Hastur, by time finished the tank, I know if the flavour is good or not.

Wasp Nano RDA for me. cheap, nice easy deck to build on, easy on-and-offable cap and bf pin for squonking if need be.

Well what @Chris K said is pretty much my philosophy on dtl so why should i change for mtl.
Mind you I'm crap at mtl diy.

I wouldn't say that mate, all of your recipes I've mixed have got down a storm at Vaponi Villas. :beerchug
Have you been convering them to mtl?
I've tried some of them mtl but they've not quite done it for me.
Mind you for mtl i tend to steer more towards savoury and tobacco's.

Have you been convering them to mtl?
I've tried some of them mtl but they've not quite done it for me.
Mind you for mtl i tend to steer more towards savoury and tobacco's.
Nah, not specifically. Not the juice anyway. I tend to mix up how tight or loose my cotton is, and will sometimes mix either 60/40 or 70/30 VG/PG depending how I'm feeling, but thats all. i find your recipes are spot on for my taste buds. I've found most recipes (on elr for example) that are meant for MTL are completely over the top flavour wise or so loaded with sweeteners they are unbearable.

Wasp Nano RDA for me. cheap, nice easy deck to build on, easy on-and-offable cap and bf pin for squonking if need be.

I’ve been pondering the Wasp nano. Ok for coils around the 1 ohm region you think? Can you add a 510 drip tip to it? I’m not wanting to go down the squonk route.

I will have a look at the Recurve too.

Back
Top Bottom