What's new

Fine whiskey flavour

Could you taste the rum? What % did you use?

10%. I could taste it at first, but once the alcohol had evaporated the taste was gone.

I also tried Southern Comfort and although I could taste it, it was very weak. I think you'd need to vape it at 50% to really get the flavour!

10%. I could taste it at first, but once the alcohol had evaporated the taste was gone.

I also tried Southern Comfort and although I could taste it, it was very weak. I think you'd need to vape it at 50% to really get the flavour!

Saucer, microwave, towel over the head.. we've all been there.

None of the whisky flavours I tried so far were any good. Even the bourbon flavours were pretty poor.

I use Capella Amaretto for the couple of mixes that require an alcoholic taste (still trying to perfect my creme caramel with amaretto) and it's nice enough.

If you still have the bourbon concentrate, I've got a pretty good Bourbon Vanilla Cream recipe I worked on for a while. Used TFA Kentucky Bourbon 4%, TFA Bavarian Cream 6.3%, TFA Vanilla Custard 4.7%, TFA Sweet Cream 1%, TFA Vanilla Cupcake 6.3% and TFA Vanilla Swirl 8%.

Had quite a few plays with alco type flavours and here's my 1 cent's worth for what it's worth.
TFA Jamaican rum rocks with TFA Ry4d but its got some nasties. It needs a full 4 wks steep to get its true taste. Before that its like coconut. TFA has a DX version which is nasty free but only about 70% as good as the original. Its ok, the original is great.
FA rum is ok but i wouldnt bother getting it again.
TFA bourbon was total rubbish.
FW bourbon was a bit better but a waste of time as it wasnt a real bourbon flavour, was kinda weird.
FA brandy was not bad and one i would use again. Was nice with FA cola.
FA whiskey. At first i thought it was vomit material. Definitely not a shake n vape. I thought it was crap at first but like all i gave it a chance with steeping and % difference's.
After 1 month that vile taste vanished and i gotta say i like it a lot with RY4d. In fact just today i added 3% of it to a batch of RY4d that had been steeping for 6 weeks. I'd for sure buy it again.
It's amazing how some flavours change after a propper steep time. FA whiskey is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom