What's new

FA tobaccos

I have one I've been tinkering with, but I'm not too happy about sending them a picture of my driving licence.

Aye it seems a bit dodgy. Surely they could just do a £0 transaction on a credit card?

This layton blend is really good as well. I recall liking it when I picked it up but it’s been in the cupboard since then.

I think it tastes like a smoked gooseberry.

I've only used Layton blend in a smoky custard recipe (which I love, give it a go if you want to) because it apparently gives off some clove accent. From the bottle it smells like ethyl acetate (the solvent in many commonly used glues like UHU). I tried it alone at 2% and didn't taste anything at all though...

Interesting @Biochemist , I might try that. Odd that you didn’t taste anything from it on it’s own, I get a very disctinct fruity flavour, a bit like gooseberry but sweeter, and a pronounced smokiness. That’s at 3%.

What I posted made me think about the "not tasting anything" bit. I've had it with many concentrates in fact, here's a few that come to mind:
  • layton blend - got nearly no taste from it, it wasn't discernible
  • INW creme brulee - I tasted some faint but very unpleasant plastic note and nothing else
  • INW RYO - got some bitterness
  • INW RY4 - got some bitterness and some sweetness
  • INW Burley - got some...unspecific grassiness (see a pattern?)
  • INW Kent - got some indiscernible...grass? and then I read this review and wonder ARE YOU FCKIN' KIDDING ME?
  • INW tobacco C - where is the chocolate, where is the tobacco?
  • INW tobacco symphony - ???
I am very confident in my mixing (when I say it is at 2% it is at 2%, not 0.2% :P) and my setup for trying flavours on the KF5, I can build it with my eyes closed and get the same Ohms, in fact it is so consistent that I never bother checking Ohms anymore, and only use it on a mech.

Sorry, I don't want to hijack your thread, FA tobaccos that I've tried HAVE taste, I remember we talked on another thread where I said that I am disappointed with INW tobaccos, there's something wrong, possibly with my taste buds (although in food I can pick out minute amounts of spices etc...). I don't believe the flavours are duds, they can't be, I even checked their expiry dates, but I have a clear pattern of not tasting much at all from INW tobaccos...

What I posted made me think about the "not tasting anything" bit. I've had it with many concentrates in fact, here's a few that come to mind:
  • layton blend - got nearly no taste from it, it wasn't discernible
  • INW creme brulee - I tasted some faint but very unpleasant plastic note and nothing else
  • INW RYO - got some bitterness
  • INW RY4 - got some bitterness and some sweetness
  • INW Burley - got some...unspecific grassiness (see a pattern?)
  • INW Kent - got some indiscernible...grass? and then I read this review and wonder ARE YOU FCKIN' KIDDING ME?
  • INW tobacco C - where is the chocolate, where is the tobacco?
  • INW tobacco symphony - ???
I am very confident in my mixing (when I say it is at 2% it is at 2%, not 0.2% :P) and my setup for trying flavours on the KF5, I can build it with my eyes closed and get the same Ohms, in fact it is so consistent that I never bother checking Ohms anymore, and only use it on a mech.

Sorry, I don't want to hijack your thread, FA tobaccos that I've tried HAVE taste, I remember we talked on another thread where I said that I am disappointed with INW tobaccos, there's something wrong, possibly with my taste buds (although in food I can pick out minute amounts of spices etc...). I don't believe the flavours are duds, they can't be, I even checked their expiry dates, but I have a clear pattern of not tasting much at all from INW tobaccos...

Zou has hyper-taste, I can't taste anything at 2% usually. I use my Inawera tobaccos at 4 or 5%

Back
Top Bottom