What's new

FA tobaccos

Haven't tried ozark. Storm I bought a lot of on a sale and I don't really like it. SoHo, Liquid Amber & Hypnotic Myst are fantastic though.

I didn’t really like soho but it’s been years, I might revisit it. Hypnotic myst is a good one, I like it too. Difficult to describe. But citrusy, to me. I’ve never tried liquid amber.

Ffs @Simon G you’ve gone to dark side of the bakery bros :D

well, I've always liked the non-tobacco manabush spiritwalker liquids, wenebojo has always been a favourite since I first started vaping. So I don't think my tastes have changed that much. ;)

I didn’t really like soho but it’s been years, I might revisit it. Hypnotic myst is a good one, I like it too. Difficult to describe. But citrusy, to me. I’ve never tried liquid amber.

Soho is good, it's like an RY4. Liquid Amber isn't a tobacco is it? Most people add it to fruit to make it taste baked/cooked/jammy. It's tastes almost boozy to me, almost like wine or something.

Soho is good, it's like an RY4. Liquid Amber isn't a tobacco is it? Most people add it to fruit to make it taste baked/cooked/jammy. It's tastes almost boozy to me, almost like wine or something.
I get brandy from Liquid Amber.

I get brandy from Liquid Amber.

Interesting, I'll have to mix some up. I tried it way back and didn't really like it but it's always worth having another taste. I'm really not a fan of boozy vapes though, so if it does taste like brandy that might be why I didn't like it! :D

Must get myself back into mixing again, time just seems to be at a premium these days.

Interesting, I'll have to mix some up. I tried it way back and didn't really like it but it's always worth having another taste. I'm really not a fan of boozy vapes though, so if it does taste like brandy that might be why I didn't like it! :D

It might be a good addition for your cake and pastry liquids.

Yeah liquid amber is listed by them as a tobacco. The description is :

"Golden and mellow, warm and smooth, sweet and sour, but all with such subtlety that it delivers a lovely surprise to the palate. Liquid Amber is truly a timeless creation and is another clean flavour that demands a clean, pure base liquid to carry it, making it the ideal partner for our eliquid bases."

I've gone through a lot of it and though there's an alcohol type note to it it's definitely not too dominant for me,I've never really cared to identify it too much just that I like it so i looked up more detailed notes from HIC and they say :

"Very useful for baked fruit and cider flavors. Think of it as a way to slightly ferment fruits.
One FA vendor describes the standalone flavor well: "Warm and smooth flavor with a
hint of fresh fruit and a delicate sourness in the aftertaste." At 3% standalone, it gives a
hint of apple flavor, a bit of sweetness you taste in the far back of your throat, and
undertones of sour, like the background warmth and sourness of slightly-hard cider. Add
up to 1% Liquid Amber to apple flavors for basic apple cider. If you use mostly Liquid
Amber with accents of Pear, Apple, Cherry, Apricot, the fruit flavors come through well.
It’s similar to adding FA Brandy to fruit, but a much smoother effect. If you don't have FA
Brandy, or if Brandy is too strong for you, Liquid Amber can make a fine substitute in
recipes. Liquid Amber can also boost mild anise and licorice notes in tobacco blends."

if anyones interested the notes for storm are :

"Wildly different results at 2-3%! I mixed this at 3% and let it steep (capped, room temp)
a few days, taking notes along the way. THEN I read FA's description, "warm, dark,
spicy Tobacco flavour with a hint of sweetness" (FA's UK site) and "dark spicy
Tobacco" (Italian site). Not remotely like what I tasted! I found a German description
("herbal tobacco") that matched my opinion. It turns out we're ALL correct - depending
on how much you use. Like FA Layton Blend, this is a chameleon flavor. At 3% I tasted
a 50/50 mix of grassy Virginia tobacco and a camphor-like herbal blend. The grassy
Virginia flavor tastes and ages just like FA Virginia, mellowing with age. The herbal
blend changed little during steeping. Flavors I noted include balsam, eucalyptus, clove,
a little menthol, with perhaps accents of cedar, juniper, cardamom, ylang-ylang. The dry-
wood and lack of sweetness (just very mildly sweet) is odd to experience with flavors
like cardamom, which we expect to taste sweet. It’s sharp, medicinal, camphor-like. Try
it with citrus flavors, or add Storm to Kretek-like recipes for the clove high notes and
herbal flavor, or pep up dull menthol blends with Storm for something unique. At 2% it's
very different - a dark and spicy tobacco with few of the flavors you taste at 3%. Rather
than grassy, it’s a darker, smoother tobacco blend. The herbal blend is a milder version
of the spices in many Camel-like "Desert Ship" flavors. It's distinctly bright-sweet-spicy
on the inhale, with a warm spice blend and brown tobaccos. One element
I clearly
tasted at both 3% and 2% is clove."

Cheers for the tip @Ment ! I’m not sure I’d have a blend worth entering though, I’ve not really been blending with the FA ones for ages. Just recently I’ve dug them out and been liking a few of them on their own as single flavours.

Are you going to submit a recipe?

Back
Top Bottom