What's new

FA Ry59

zouzounaki

Olympian
Most of the flavour concentrates I use regularly are from flavour art.

I have most of the vanilla/caramel/tobacco "ry"type ones, ry4, nutzilla, byo nutzilla, soho etc., these are among my favorites.

I recently picked up ry59 concentrate. On paper, I should love this, but I'm noticing an off taste about it. It's almost plasticy. It's at 2.5% (that's about my average strength with FA) and has been siting for a week. I get that sometimes these improve with a steep, but most of them I am happy to vape pretty much straight away and find they taste good and only improve over time.

Anyone else have experience with ry59? Maybe I just don't like the flavour?

Tried it again today and finding it much better. I reckon it might not have been agreeing with the gin and ginger ale I was drinking the other night.

RY59 was used in one of the first recipes @scrumpox kindly let me have. It made for a very lovely juice that was one of my ADVs for a while, but I wouldn't divulge it without his permission.

The ry59 on it's own tastes excellent today. It has a nice richness about it, seems like dark fruits and nuts on top of the fa ry4 as a bass. Really enjoying it, got it running in the coppervape gt3 mini with the airflow on the tiny hole.

I think I might make a blend of this with atoms labs figue. that one has a kind of pungent, fermented, almost fusty taste, it's very norwich, blends well with tobacco mixes. Very different to fa fig, which I also like to blend with pretty much everything.

Hopefully @scrumpox might come along and share his ry59 recipe...

Yep, gotta be careful when trying a new juice in regards to what you've eaten or drank prior to it. Some things can really scew the taste. Whoah, ever vaped after eating fish? Damn it tastes off no matter how good the juice. Had some I've thought "i actually made this crap!?" Next day, clean refreshed palate and its like "did someone change my juice overnight?" Sometimes i think some juices can be like a good wine and straight up out of a freshly opened bottle taste so so, but left for several hours in the tank taste great. Not that i let a good wine sit for hours but its that breathing time thing. Some i notice it with others not at all. Maybe too im simply nuts :hmm:

Aye what you're eating/drinking definitely has a big effect on eliquid perception! I usually find tobacco ones work ok with alcohol. it maybe the fruity nut notes in this ry59 was a bad clash with gin and tonic. It takes excellent just now with a turkish coffee.

Back
Top Bottom