What's new

Ethyl maltol help

You got a 10ml bottle of crystals?
All of which went into 30ml of pg?
Hmmm, ill have to fill a bottle with crystals and weigh how much that is to let you know how much more pg you'll need. It has a fairly consistent saturation rate from what I understand. Won't be till later tonight though.

Reading all this I'm glad I bought the inawera EM pre diluted. I just wack 1% and see how it goes.

I put 10ml of EM into 25ml of PG, put in warm water and swirled and shook regularly. Didn't work. I now have a 30ml bottle of PG with all the crystals happily sitting at the bottom. Spent about 2 hours of swirling and shaking to achieve that. I'm awesome.
Maximum saturation of EM crystals in PG is 17ml PG to 1 gram EM crystals. Works a treat.

Maximum saturation of EM crystals in PG is 17ml PG to 1 gram EM crystals. Works a treat.
I've got a solution made out of 1gram em crystals in 10ml pg. Warmed in my pocket and shook over the course of a day, all crystals are dissolved.

I've got a solution made out of 1gram em crystals in 10ml pg. Warmed in my pocket and shook over the course of a day, all crystals are dissolved.
Yes and I believe that's how many people do it, which is fine, but you may find some crystals re-form over time if left. 1g/17mls is a permanent solution.

EM.JPG

as a test I added some em to 2 testers of juice I'm working on and tbh this stuff is bottled magic
over night it has transformed my juice:bliss:

Oooh, little tip here. Ethyl Maltol is not a sweetener, it's a sweet-flavour enhancer. It has very little sweetness it just has a cotton candy smoothness to it. It can also be used it way larger doses than most people recommend, it's not this crazy, sweet concentrate that you have to be careful with. I've even though about using it as a main flavouring (so making it like 10-20% for a candy flavour) and adding stevia for sweetness.

Hey, this is really useful advice, i am waiting for some to arrive to add it to a watermelon chill clone i am working on, i will also be adding sweetener but i want a nice smooth almost candy like watermelon layer under a perfect cool menthol without adding any mint taste. I was going to start with 5 drops of pre mixed EM to a 50ml bottle, do you think that sounds about right?

Back
Top Bottom