What's new

Dry

00000.1% of Cactus in anything I mix makes it taste like Aloe Vera to me. Yet to find a use for it. Just spitballing but what about a small amount of FA Milk? Might runnify things a tad.

I must be the only person in DIY to get rancid cheese and cats piss from Golden Syrup. Everybody loves it! I want to love it! So frustrating. Just got Honeycomb to try, fingers crossed it doesn't taste like a five day dead walrus' bell-end.

Have you tried measuring the pH on it? I used to find liquids a bit dry when they were a touch on the alkaline side. May be worth adding a very small amount of citric acid and ethyl maltol (if you're happy to vape it) or another sweetener to balance it. May sort the dryness without changing the flavour profile as much as adding another citrus flavour.

*If you try the above it will probably need a bit of a longer steep, and if you leave any juices for a lonngggg time it messes with the flavours a bit.

Have you tried measuring the pH on it? I used to find liquids a bit dry when they were a touch on the alkaline side. May be worth adding a very small amount of citric acid and ethyl maltol (if you're happy to vape it) or another sweetener to balance it. May sort the dryness without changing the flavour profile as much as adding another citrus flavour.
No but thats another very good idea.
I have tried the VS as above and kiwi and both seems to combat the dryness.
The creams and Vanilla in there ballanced very well against the cherry but adding VS seems to tip the ballance a bit too far so will probably experiment with it being used as a replacement of one of the other creams.
The kiwi also works but does mute the cherry even though I've increased the percentage.
I'm probably going to experiment more with the creams and likely to bring in some more sweetness somewhere maybe marshmallow.

If you have FA Pear it really does do a good job of adding juiciness to a vape. Not much needed <1% and it is less likely to introduce an off note to this kind of recipe than INW cactus IMO.

Back
Top Bottom