What's new

Does Nic need to steep?

Tazz

Legend
Hi guys, getting my first batch of nic hopefully delivered in 2 days time. Did a search and didn't see what I was after, may have missed it. Question is does Nic need a steep time at all?
Do you make your ejuice up and let it steep alone then add the nic later? Wondering what the basic method is in using it?

The nic needs to steep with the flavours, so mix the liquid, with the nic, then steep. Nic affects steeping time, higher nic = shorter required steep.

Thanks, mix and steep as normal unless high levels :thumbup:

Exactly this. I used to sometimes let the flavours and nic concentrate steep for a while then add vg and pg. I think it makes a difference in steep time, the only reason I don’t do it now is because I’m a lazy bastard and can’t be arsed.

Exactly this. I used to sometimes let the flavours and nic concentrate steep for a while then add vg and pg. I think it makes a difference in steep time, the only reason I don’t do it now is because I’m a lazy bastard and can’t be arsed.

I wouldn’t have thought this would make much of a difference. Surely the flavours still need to diffuse evenly through the pg/vg mix.

Steeping is a bit of a dark art anyway tbh. I’m pretty sure everyone just cargo cults their own particular methods.

I wouldn’t have thought this would make much of a difference. Surely the flavours still need to diffuse evenly through the pg/vg mix.

Steeping is a bit of a dark art anyway tbh. I’m pretty sure everyone just cargo cults their own particular methods.

I have no idea of the mechanism behind it, but in my experience it is definitely a factor, having jumped about nic strengths over the last year or so. I also noticed that salt nic seems to affect steeping less than regular nic, interestingly.

Colour change happens more rapidly with stronger nic, in my experience, too. I had an email conversation with Panos from atmos labs a while back and he confirmed this.

edit: I’m a big fan of their mastic concentrate, which is clear, slightly cloudy and pretty thick. When I bought some 18mg premixed from them it was really dark (and tasted excellent, mich better than my diy version), so emailed to ask him about the colour variation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom