What's new

Diy or die %????

laco

Achiever
Got a couple of these concentrates in from Chefs, Misty and Rhodonite, just wondering if i should go for the recommended 9.3% for Rhodonite or bump it up a bit as I think this might be a bit lacking.

Would appreciate any advice please:51:

I love the rhodonite, I've only ever mixed it at the recommended amount. Works for me, but I do know a lot of people mix it a bit stronger. Maybe try 10% and see how that is for you. That and Cuprian are my faves from the range. [emoji108][emoji106]

I'd stick to the recommended percentages with this and the others, at least initially. There's nothing weak about Rhodonite at that %.

Cheers Toby, yeah think I might mix a batch at 10% and another at 12% see how it goes.

Tried a sample of the Flavour Boss range and loved it but I think they have made some changes to the original Rhodonite.

I'd stick to the recommended percentages with this and the others, at least initially. There's nothing weak about Rhodonite at that %.
Thanks bud, haven't mixed in a while but I do remember killing a good few batches by adding to much flavouring.

Thanks bud, haven't mixed in a while but I do remember killing a good few batches by adding to much flavouring.
Yeah, and if you mix at the recommended %, you're tasting the juice as he intends it to be. He balances the flavours and percentages with a lot of care, so you can trust his recommendations on them. I mix all of his juices from scratch but it still comes out to the same percentages of flavour and there are only one or two that I have found I add a tiny bit more of one or two of the concentrates to better suit my taste, but we're talking a half to 1%.

Yeah, and if you mix at the recommended %, you're tasting the juice as he intends it to be. He balances the flavours and percentages with a lot of care, so you can trust his recommendations on them. I mix all of his juices from scratch but it still comes out to the same percentages of flavour and there are only one or two that I have found I add a tiny bit more of one or two of the concentrates to better suit my taste, but we're talking a half to 1%.
That's was my way of thinking too, was just hearing a lot of folk mixing at lot higher percentages.
Cheers for the advice:)

That's was my way of thinking too, was just hearing a lot of folk mixing at lot higher percentages.
Cheers for the advice:)
Very welcome. I'd be interested to hear how you find them yourself, strength-wise, when you try them. The one thing I'd say about his juices is that they benefit from considerably longer steep times than he recommends. For instance, he says overnight steep for Rhodonite, but it's a different beast after a week.

Back
Top Bottom