What's new

Dissolving Stevia powder into PG?

Tazz

Legend
Hi all. Was wondering about making a Stevia sweetener myself. Have tried brand liquids but they have a crap aftertaste. I can get a Stevia powder that tastes beautiful, has some Erythritol in it too. That's the only ingredients in it. Can you just mix it in the PG and it dissolves or do you need to do anything else? I could just try it and see I know but if someone knows best here I'd prefer some advice.
They search up as a better alternative to sucralose in Vaping so I'll give it a go.

Is the stevia made for vaping? I remember we had this discussion previously and someone said you can't (or shouldn't) use the stevia powder you might put in your tea because...reasons. Think it might have been @ZT that said that.

Is the stevia made for vaping? I remember we had this discussion previously and someone said you can't (or shouldn't) use the stevia powder you might put in your tea because...reasons. Think it might have been @ZT that said that.
Yeah .. thats mixed with anti caking agents and the like ... buy stevia concentrates from vape sources!

Yeah .. thats mixed with anti caking agents and the like ... buy stevia concentrates from vape sources!
Thanks, i have been in contact with the manufacturer and have been assured there is only Stevia and Erythritol in the one I have. No anti caking agents or fillers of any kind. All is certified organic, no GM anything. Aussie made and certified. So considering it only has two ingredients, both which are used in Vaping im thinking this one is fine. Did a search and many others do have anti caking agents and other fillers but this one doesn't. If it contained any fillers or anti caking agents ( I made some calls after ZT raised the issue of aka ) or anything else I wouldnt touch it. But I've searched, contacted and its all been thumbs up. Im going to give it a go.
Let you know how it goes.

:sleepy: So tried it with a warned up PG and not good. Just won't all dissolve and what does is bit bitter. Tried with distilled water and no probs, nice. Wouldn't make a distilled solution to keep, but only as needed. The Stevia part dissolved but the ery didn't and wouldn't with the PG. No probs, make it up as I need it.

:sleepy: So tried it with a warned up PG and not good. Just won't all dissolve and what does is bit bitter. Tried with distilled water and no probs, nice. Wouldn't make a distilled solution to keep, but only as needed. The Stevia part dissolved but the ery didn't and wouldn't with the PG. No probs, make it up as I need it.
I had a similar situation with citric acid crystals and was advised that 10% distilled water & 90% PG would do the job, which it did.

Back
Top Bottom