What's new

Diluting juice

Destroyer666

Hi folks,

I hope this is a fairly straight forward problem. I recently started to make my own juice. Ordered a starter kit etc. But the problem I have is its far too strong in flavour. Sickly is probably a better word. I used an ecalculator so I know the measurements were right. My dilemma is I'm no good at maths. I want to thin it down by 5% with a VG/PG mix but not sure the quantity to add. Recipe I used is as follows.

30ml.70vg/30pg.3mg nic. 15%flav
16ml VG
4.5mlPG
5ml nic
4.5 flavour concentrate

The flavours I used were by Vapable and Flavour.

I appreciate any help. It's probably dead simple. Just I don't have a mathematical head.

Nick

5% of 60 is 3ml. So to keep it at 70/30 you want to add 2.1 vg and 0.9 pg. If it’s really overly strong you might want to dilute a
bit more than that though. But then you might need to factor in some nic, as the more you dilute, the more you’re reduce the nic ratio. Hope this helps!

5% of 60 is 3ml. So to keep it at 70/30 you want to add 2.1 vg and 0.9 pg. If it’s really overly strong you might want to dilute a
bit more than that though. But then you might need to factor in some nic, as the more you dilute, the more you’re reduce the nic ratio. Hope this helps!

Magic. Thanks very much for your assistance. Re the nic I'm actually considering cutting it back further anyway so I'll maybe not bother adding any this time.

Mix a batch of with the same vg/pg ratio and nic but no flavour.
Add as much or as little as required,
This way it does not matter if you find you have to dilute it by 5%, 20%, or 50%
Dilute, test, dilute more if required, dilute again if it is still too strong.

Mix a batch of with the same vg/pg ratio and nic but no flavour.
Add as much or as little as required,
This way it does not matter if you find you have to dilute it by 5%, 20%, or 50%
Dilute, test, dilute more if required, dilute again if it is still too strong.

This is amazing advice.The amount of juice I’ve thrown away because the flavour was to strong,is unbelievable.
To think it could have been fixed with something so easy is gutting.Thanks @oldhippydude

Thanks for your advice.Do you mean put in atty, try, pour back and dilute, back in atty, try etc?

Thanks for your advice. I tried this and am now happily vaping away.

Back
Top Bottom