What's new

Decadent Flavours recommended flavour %...

Trotters

Postman
Just been looking on their site and ordered for first time a few of their concentrates.

Even though they say tweak the flavour to suit you they recommend starting at 20% flavour. 20%??? Wow, that seems a hell of a lot???.

It's not a lot really, I'm about to mix some one shots at 25-30% cos the flavour isn't strong enough for me, plus it's v high VG% so it won't carry flavour as well as a mix with more PG might.

It's not a lot really, I'm about to mix some one shots at 25-30% cos the flavour isn't strong enough for me, plus it's v high VG% so it won't carry flavour as well as a mix with more PG might.

Can I ask where you get your concentrates from? Usually, I am at 10% or 15% max. Any more than that and it would be awful.

Can I ask where you get your concentrates from? Usually, I am at 10% or 15% max. Any more than that and it would be awful.
I got them from South Coast Vapes - I wouldn't recommend trying such high % mixes unless you think the flavour isn't strong enough, and that's what I find myself thinking... a bit stronger mix may be better for my taste buds.

from what I understand 20% total flavourings is 'average' in most recipes.

20% would be way way too much for me. I have several flavors that if used higher than 1.5% will knock you over. All of mine are 10% flavor total. But, there are those rare occasions where one of the weaker flavors requires a dab more, but not often.

Tip on buying your concentrates.
Look for artificially flavored ones. They are more pure that natural because they are made in a controlled environment using the same exact chemicals that are found in nature. Natural flavors will have contaminates from outside that may or may not be safe and might alter the flavor.

Tip on buying your concentrates.
Look for artificially flavored ones. They are more pure that natural because they are made in a controlled environment using the same exact chemicals that are found in nature. Natural flavors will have contaminates from outside that may or may not be safe and might alter the flavor.
Wow. Can you provide your source please [emoji6]

I was also going to add which is a good brand of concentrates that are consistent with their flavours?. Meaning, they taste like they should do.

Honestly, I have read so much information since I started to make my juice I couldn't begin to remeber where I have read that, but I have read it multiple places. If you think about it, it makes sense. The plant they use to get a strawberry flavor from could have been sprayed with a pesticide, exposed to who knows what from the water and soil, you just don't know. Artificial flavors use the same aroma molecules found in nature. Now, synthetic, those are no good. However, I haven't come across any flavors labeled synthetic.

As far as companies go, each have their good and bad. From what I have experienced, FA and INA for the most part are the strongest. TFA and CAP are good also. Each flavor has its own specific use. A just becasue one brands strawberry works in a recipe, doesn't mean you can use a different brand and have the same results.

Back
Top Bottom