What's new

Custards

Ment

Legend
I mentioned a while back that I was embarking on a scientific approach to test out some popular custards and my project is now complete. There's little that's new here apart from the INW which not many appear to have tried, but I thought I'd share anyway.

The 5 were:

Capella V1
Cupcake World
FA
FA Premier
INW

I mixed them all at 10% with 5% cream mix and 5% vanilla mix and gave them a month, then vaped 2 tanks of each in a Kylin, chosen because it's a great flavour tank with a large capacity, cleaning the tank in between each one.

The CCW and FA were just right at 10% and both are very "clean" tasting custards - good flavour with no tones other than the included ingredients. The lemony aroma of the FA had gone by this time. These are the 2 I would use in fruity recipes.

The other 3 were far too strong and I diluted them down to 5%.

The INW has added biscuit and is very nice if that's what you're after. Not quite up to the standard of one of my no longer available favourites, Custard Creams, but still very good, and would be perfect in mixes where biscuit and custard are required.

The FA Premier and Capella V1 both have an added tangy/savoury quality, probably due to the diacetyl. and are proper stand alone juices, though I would use these 2 in bakery/dessert type mixes.

The FA Premier is easily the best, but I made a mix of equal amounts of all 5 and that has turned out even better.

cheers fella.
i will have to try the FA as a stand alone as ive always mixed it with others but with the main custard being capV1

I've added 3% Premier to all my custard mixes that tasted a bit flat. It definitely ticks all my boxes.

what's your 5% vanilla mix?

only asking because it seems quite high unless it's vanilla swirl or something...

what's your 5% vanilla mix?

only asking because it seems quite high unless it's vanilla swirl or something...

It's equal amounts of TFA Vanillin, Cap French Vanilla, Mom+Pops Vanilla Cream and INW Shisha Vanilla.

It is high, but I struggle to taste it in mixes.

The best vanilla for me is atmos black vanilla, but I don’t think you can buy it in the uk any more. I’m guarding my last bottle of it and planning to mix it all up on it’s own at 4%, steep for 2 months and savour the last of it.

Hi mate. Cap v1 doesnt contain Diacetyl but does contain Acetoin and Acetyl Propionyl. The 2 often overlooked nasties. :22:

Rather than another custard thread does anyone make custard without custard?
Eh! What?
The principle is vanilla flavoured cream with anything else favourable to the mixer added for good measure and with all the great vanillas and creams out there do we need help adding vanilla to cream anymore?

Rather than another custard thread does anyone make custard without custard?
Eh! What?
The principle is vanilla flavoured cream with anything else favourable to the mixer added for good measure and with all the great vanillas and creams out there do we need help adding vanilla to cream anymore?

Fresh03's shake and vape custard.

4% LB Vanilla Ice Cream
0.5% FLV Vanilla Pudding

Back
Top Bottom