What's new

Custard time

crunchynut

Achiever
A few years ago near August before I stopped mixing I always made a custard to steep for a few months. When I first started mixing I just did Cap V1 and a banana or strawberry. Now I've gone back to mixing started last Christmas I thought today I'll mix a few custards up to decide on which to make a big bottle to put away.
So what's your favourite custard recipes? and please DON'T suggest custard powder and VG[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

there is a really nice simple butterscotch almond custard on alltheflavours, nice and simple if you are just getting back into mixing as it is only 3 flavours, wont need to break the bank buying concentrates.

For me Kreeds custard is my personal preference, assuming the bottle lasts a couple of months to steep, I usually mix a big 500ml and as I go along split it into several bottles and add around 3% strawberry, banana, blueberry or caramel to some of the bottles for a flavour change ;) I mix the Kreeds from scratch but it is available on chefs as a one shot, as always taste is subjective, and custards have such a range

I should actually get around to mixing up kreeds custard, it does seem like a really good neautral base to add a few fruits or whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom