What's new

Concentrate Allergy?

Cheers mate. Just out of interest, why did you go for the v1 versions? When I bought my concentrates i didn't know the difference so its only recently i'm learning what they make this stuff out of.
V1 was the norm when i gave up over 3 years ago and trying at lest three custards with the newer V2 they honestly tasted shite and i didnt like them one bit.
even though i swore i would never mix i did take the plunge just to get some V1 custards back in my life and im so glad i did.
the whole V1 fiasco was blown all out of proportion when suicide bunny and five pawns were threatened with lawsuites for using diacetyl. back then there had not been much research but now it has been proved their is more diacetyl in ONE cigarette compared to the strongest ever reading in e liquid.

V1 creams custards etc usually contained Diacetyl which is buttery and can cause popcorn lung in conjunction with other factors. V2 use buyric acid which is bad cheese / vomit until it steeps but it becomes creamy. V2s in my opinion are often inferior unless you are willing to steep for weeks/months.

re V1 - in my opinion only! Diacetyl dangers while relevant are overstated. When we smoked we got more from cigs in a day than I could vape in a week. If I was a cloud chaser custard lover I may be more concerned (marginally). But I vape mtl for pleasure and because it limits the amount of liquid I am inhaling daily.
ahh, my fave subject, popcorn lung LMFAO
i still get asked about this monthly about PL as sadly once its on the net it stays on the net and someone panics about it and bumps the post up to the top again.
so to dispel the rumour > https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...corn-lung-diacetyl-rumour-please-read.136797/

V1 was the norm when i gave up over 3 years ago and trying at lest three custards with the newer V2 they honestly tasted shite and i didnt like them one bit.
even though i swore i would never mix i did take the plunge just to get some V1 custards back in my life and im so glad i did.
the whole V1 fiasco was blown all out of proportion when suicide bunny and five pawns were threatened with lawsuites for using diacetyl. back then there had not been much research but now it has been proved their is more diacetyl in ONE cigarette compared to the strongest ever reading in e liquid.

ahh, my fave subject, popcorn lung LMFAO
i still get asked about this monthly about PL as sadly once its on the net it stays on the net and someone panics about it and bumps the post up to the top again.
so to dispel the rumour > https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...corn-lung-diacetyl-rumour-please-read.136797/
OK that all sounds about what i thought. so yeah, i'll plow forward with a few days on unflavoured or maybe a single flavour and see how i go.

I read that about PL when I first signed up, but its always good to give it an airing in case anyone ends up here from a google search.

Thanks for the advice guys.:2thumbsup:

PL is the bogeyman of vaping - I am not concerned personally.

Let us know how the unflavoured experiment goes and if you work out the cause.

I'll chirp up about the popcorn lung too. I'm sure i read somewhere that there's 10-100 times more diacetyl in cigarettes than there is in your vape. The amount you have is negligible and it was probably big tobacco scaremongering people away from vaping.

You should make some unflavoured juice. It’s not such a downer as you might imagine. I like it.

Unflavoured juice every now and then is good to keep olfactory fatigue at bay. It can make your favourite juices pop again

Please do keep up.:p

and yes, its actually not too bad.

I know, I know, it didn’t send me a notification! :D

If you stick to the unflavoured for a while, you should then try mixing liquids with low amounts of concentrates. You might find it surprising.

Well after an extremely boring weekend on unflavoured vaping, the cough has gone! So there's something somewhere that doesn't like me. :11:
Now I'm looking at inventing my own actual recipes rather than relying on ones posted up at elr which invariably contain juicy peach and strawberry ripe (for the ones i fancy anyway) This brings me to....
:yahoo:STUPID NEWBIE QUESTION # 7544841559:yahoo:

Whats the best way to make up some single flavour tasters? strong or weak? bearing in mind i'll be adding, say, four drops of X to two drops of Y. How will i be able to work out what the final percentage will be? Am i overthinking it?

I'd put your desired percentages into steam engine and 10ml that way you've not got the inaccuracy of drops.

I find a lot of the recipes on ELR are rubbish (although not all ofc). I've had much more success on ATF with mixes.

ELR is great to see usage percentages though and a good starting point for how much to use in a single flavour test.

Back
Top Bottom