What's new

Coil killer juice...

raggy

Postman
Calling all mixologists...any advice on dampening down the sweetness on a bottle shot?

Picked up some redemption vape Darkside, very nice flavour, but so sweet the coils are gunked up after a day of moderate use.

Zero nic, so I don't need to worry about lowering the nic content. Mixed to roughly 80vg, not sure what to try and do.

Thanks in advance!

If it's too sweet then there's not much you can do I'm afraid, and as you don't have the recipe you can't mix and lower the sweetener.

If you have some small bottles you could try diluting it, but this will also affect the flavour. All the bottle shots I've tried in the past have been over flavoured for me so adding more VG wouldn't make much difference, plus if you like it you're getting more juice for your money.

Dab some PG on your finger and taste it.
Dab some VG on your finger and taste it.

Based on the test above i think lowering the VG to 70 might achieve what you're after.

Dab some PG on your finger and taste it.
Dab some VG on your finger and taste it.

Based on the test above i think lowering the VG to 70 might achieve what you're after.

This could work a little but it's likely still sweetener in the juice. The two bottle shots from Darkstar that I've tried were both heavily over sweetened for my tastes. Kanzi and a banana one. I tried lowering the flavour percentage of the banana one and also tried adding bav cream to cut through it without any luck.

Never know until you try though, and if it saves coils or saves the juice from the sink it's a bonus.

@raggy do you mix juice from scratch or just use bottle shots? Bottle shots are a great way to get into it, it's really not much different mixing from concentrate, and you can tailor the recipes to your own tastes.

This could work a little but it's likely still sweetener in the juice. The two bottle shots from Darkstar that I've tried were both heavily over sweetened for my tastes. Kanzi and a banana one. I tried lowering the flavour percentage of the banana one and also tried adding bav cream to cut through it without any luck.

Never know until you try though, and if it saves coils or saves the juice from the sink it's a bonus.

@raggy do you mix juice from scratch or just use bottle shots? Bottle shots are a great way to get into it, it's really not much different mixing from concentrate, and you can tailor the recipes to your own tastes.
Bottle shots at the moment, thinking of mixing my own, but don't know where to start and the initial outlay is a bit beyond my means at present.

I had found an apricot tobacco that sounded good, but after a very brief search for all the constituent concentrates and bottles etc, was looking at best part of £50 for something I may potentially hate.

May try adding some extra pg to the bottleshot to dilute it a bit.

It is a problem even when making your own juice without too much sweetener I find. Darker flavours seem to gunk up more than clearer. Perhaps it might be that darker colour flavours have more sweetener already in them? [emoji848]

It is a problem even when making your own juice without too much sweetener I find. Darker flavours seem to gunk up more than clearer. Perhaps it might be that darker colour flavours have more sweetener already in them? [emoji848]
I know what you're saying. This particular juice is crystal clear, yet after a day, maybe a day and a half at most, the coils are jet black. Oh well, guess it'll last forever...smh

Bottle shots at the moment, thinking of mixing my own, but don't know where to start and the initial outlay is a bit beyond my means at present.

I had found an apricot tobacco that sounded good, but after a very brief search for all the constituent concentrates and bottles etc, was looking at best part of £50 for something I may potentially hate.

May try adding some extra pg to the bottleshot to dilute it a bit.

Is it this recipe? Because I absolutely love it. It's dirty but a little bit sweet/fruity all together. Some pulls I get ashy tobacco, some pulls I get the apricot.

Is it this recipe? Because I absolutely love it. It's dirty but a little bit sweet/fruity all together. Some pulls I get ashy tobacco, some pulls I get the apricot.
That's the badger! The tobacco and apricot mix sounded nice to me. Of all the tobaccos I've tried, the ones I've enjoyed most have been a deeper, darker tobacco. My current adv is black reserve, dark pipe tobacco with a hint of cream and honey, love the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom