What's new

Change %??

Johnsmith1989

Hello everyone I Need help I'm a newbie! Right I have a pre mix of 80/20 vg/pg to add flavour and nicotine do I buy 50/50 nic and flavour and the mix will still be 80/20? Or do I need to buy 80/20 flavour and nic I think I'm over thinking but I would just like to ask some people who have done it before, I want to keep it 80/20 just add some nic and vape and would like to know if adding 50/50 of each won't effect that? Many thanks

Hi @Johnsmith1989, welcome to POTV. It's not a problem at all but the new user introductions is normally just to say 'hi' and maybe tell us a little about yourself. I hope I'm not treading on @Miss Pepper's toes, but will move this thread over to the mixology section.... [emoji106][emoji16]

@Johnsmith1989 - nearly all the flavourings we use are pg based so you can count it as 100%pg. To counteract this pg that you'll be adding to your pre-mix I would reccomend using vg based nicotine.

Your end vg/pg ratio will also depend on what % of flavouring is required, what strength nicotine you are using, and what nic strength you are aiming for. There's plenty of similar questions here in the mixology section if you fancy a read, otherwise just ask away, there's always plenty of helpful folk around... [emoji106]

Last edited by a moderator:
You are going to want Vg based nic,your problem will be the flavouring,most flavours are pg based,so if you are looking to use 10-15% flavouring this will bring your final ratio down to about 65/35.

usually to get a end product of 80/20 all you need is vg as the 20% pg is allready contained in the flavouring you will need, as you will soon see premix is a pita to work with.

Welcome to the forum.

I take it that your existing mix is flavoured?
To add the required amount of nic for it to remain 80/20 your nic will need to be the same ratio.
If you add pg nic to your pre mix you will need aprx 4.2% of .72mg nic to make it 3mg.
Let us know how much juice you have, what strength you need it to be, and what nic ratio you have or intend to get.

Hello everyone I Need help I'm a newbie! Right I have a pre mix of 80/20 vg/pg to add flavour and nicotine do I buy 50/50 nic and flavour and the mix will still be 80/20? Or do I need to buy 80/20 flavour and nic I think I'm over thinking but I would just like to ask some people who have done it before, I want to keep it 80/20 just add some nic and vape and would like to know if adding 50/50 of each won't effect that? Many thanks

Hi Johnsmith,
That's a tricky one to answer with the limited info provided.

I assume that you have got hold of some base liquid 80%vg / 20%pg, correct ?
I then assume that you have 100ml of it, correct ?
No nicotine, no flavour, again correct ?
What strength nicotine have you got ?
What final nicotine strength do you want the juice to be ?
How much flavour percentage are you planning to use ?
You still want the final mix to be 80%vg / 20%pg ?

Its not an impossible thing to do, but needs the rest of the information to even start calculating the recipe.

Regards badboybez

You are going to want Vg based nic,your problem will be the flavouring,most flavours are pg based,so if you are looking to use 10-15% flavouring this will bring your final ratio down to about 65/35.

usually to get a end product of 80/20 all you need is vg as the 20% pg is allready contained in the flavouring you will need, as you will soon see premix is a pita to work with.

Welcome to the forum.
Hi many thanks so if I just get a vg mix and use the flavouring as the pg, if I use 80ml vg 10ml pg and 10 ml pg based flavouring that would end up 80/20 with 10% flavour is that correct

Hi Johnsmith,
That's a tricky one to answer with the limited info provided.

I assume that you have got hold of some base liquid 80%vg / 20%pg, correct ?
I then assume that you have 100ml of it, correct ?
No nicotine, no flavour, again correct ?
What strength nicotine have you got ?
What final nicotine strength do you want the juice to be ?
How much flavour percentage are you planning to use ?
You still want the final mix to be 80%vg / 20%pg ?

Its not an impossible thing to do, but needs the rest of the information to even start calculating the recipe.

Regards badboybez
Hi and thanks for your reply, I'm looking to get an end result of 80/20 pg vg, and strengths of 3mg and 6mg

Flavours are to be 10% and I'm looking for to make a few 60 ml bottles, so would just like some advice on if I should buy pg vg mix, or buy all separate and mix myself, the nicotine I will be adding with 10ml shots

Back
Top Bottom