What's new

Blending same-flavour concentrates.

Mr Numpty

Veteran
Like several strawberries to achieve a strawberry better than the sum of its parts. Which, coincidentally, I'd be very interested to hear your experience or ideas on, but blending of any same-flavour or same-profile concentrates to form a single concentrate to be used in recipes ideas are invited.
But back to the strawberries. :D I know @scrumpox blends strawberries in this way and I'm sure many do, so let's be 'avin ya.
I've been using blended strawberries but mostly as recommended in recipes. I recently blended CAP sweet strawberry, Jungle Flavor (sic) Sweet strawberry and INW Shisha strawberry in equal parts and added at 1.5% to my favourite recipe though, so we'll see how that turns out when steeped in a few more days.

So, your advice or questions or ideas on strawberry or any other fruit or other same-flavour blends, please. :)

Good topic! Am watching this one ... ;)
You're damned well participating in it, or the kitten gets it. :D
kitten.png

Best results are found when blending 3 or 4 different breeds of kitten simultaneously.

If you want it creamy, why use one cream when you can you use all the creams? Bavarian, Sweet, French vanilla, Vanilla bean Ice, Vanilla bean gelato. Often use a combination of the above at random.

I've been doing this a long time with cream, strawberry and tobacco, and recently added nuts, vanilla, tropical fruits and toffee types to the list.

I've found that, after a while, the flavours get very strong - the nut mix for example, I use at 1%.

The toffee mix contains toffee, caramel, butterscotch, brown sugar and maple syrup.

The others, just whatever I have to hand. The tobacco is a way to use up tobacco concentrates I don't like, adding 2% to my fruity American Red tobacco mix.

I have struggled with strawberry concentrates as I seem to end up with something very artificial tasting and now avoid them, I know that their are some good DIY or DIE videos on Youtube using strawberry flavours as Wane like them.

I have struggled with strawberry concentrates as I seem to end up with something very artificial tasting and now avoid them, I know that their are some good DIY or DIE videos on Youtube using strawberry flavours as Wane like them.
To be honest it's not just ejuice. The whole food industry in general finds strawberry a difficult one to get right!

Jeez ... some of this sounds like leftovers getting chucked into a curry!

I must've tried 5 or 6 strawberry flavours before settling on my prefered taste, which includes 3 strawberries, lemon for a lift and honeydew melon for fleshiness.
I also use two flavours to get a raspberry right for me, same with pomegranate.

Why wouldn't the food industry struggle? Different varieties of strawberries manage to taste different to each other and a fresh strawberry doesn't taste anything like strawberry jam ... :)

Back
Top Bottom