What's new

BLCC - Base Liquid Cost Calculator

solkku

I wanted to share this little tool that I made. It's a base liquid cost calculator for all you DIYers out there, especially if you order your VG/PG/nic bases & flavourings online. It will calculate your base cost for 10ml, 30ml, 50ml, 100ml and 1000ml and show you how much you need of each component in ml. An optional custom ml amount can also be calculated.

You can use this calculator to compare the final base price, for example if you order some of your bases from vendor A instead of vendor B (for faster delivery).

It currently supports €, £ and $. If conversion is needed it uses Yahoo Finance currency conversion API to give an estimate of the final price in your selected currency.

You can add up to 10 different flavourings/concentrates with price, shipping, currency, bottle size and dilute % for each. The cost of the flavourings will be calculated into the final prices.

Once the calculator has successfully calculated your prices, you can save the results as a PDF file to keep a library on your computer or to print out. Before saving you are able to name your bases and add additional notes about the recipe.

Without further ado: BLCC - Base Liquid Cost Calculator by Solkku

Comments and improvement/developing ideas greatly appreciated! :grin2:

Last edited:
I wanted to share this little tool that I made. It's a base liquid cost calculator for all you DIYers out there, especially if you order your VG/PG/nic bases & flavourings online. It will calculate your base cost for 10ml, 30ml, 50ml, 100ml and 1000ml and show you how much you need of each component in ml. An optional custom ml amount can also be calculated.

You can use this calculator to compare the final base price, for example if you order some of your bases from vendor A instead of vendor B (for faster delivery).

It currently supports €, £ and $. If conversion is needed it uses Yahoo Finance currency conversion API to give an estimate of the final price in your selected currency.

You can add up to 10 different flavourings/concentrates with price, shipping, currency, bottle size and dilute % for each. The cost of the flavourings will be calculated into the final prices.

Once the calculator has successfully calculated your prices, you can save the results as a PDF file to keep a library on your computer or to print out. Before saving you are able to name your bases and add additional notes about the recipe.

Without further ado: BLCC - Base Liquid Cost Calculator by Solkku

Comments and improvement/developing ideas greatly appreciated! :grin2:

Just had a quick go and first thoughts are that this is genius!!! I will certainly be using this and if I have any suggestions will give you a shout but first impressions are that its really impressive and useful.
Many thanks Bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

There's already an app out which calculates how much your liquids are costing to make me and StuPot use it dunno about anyone else

There's already an app out which calculates how much your liquids are costing to make me and StuPot use it dunno about anyone else

I use that one I think

However, this online one looks good but you are limited to having to put your costs in everytime, it needs a login function and small user db so it remembers your base costings for everything.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, didn't know a calculator like this existed. I tried to find one when I started mixing my own juices, and when I didn't find one I decided to code my own. :banghead:

I have big plans for this calculator, since I've been bitten by the code bug. :D Future plans includes login, saving your bases and recipes (incl. prices). I might also make a flavouring review & comment system. I might even contact some of the biggest shops for pricing information and direct links to each flavouring. But I'm a one-man-band with a day job, so everything will come over time.

Sorry guys, didn't know a calculator like this existed. I tried to find one when I started mixing my own juices, and when I didn't find one I decided to code my own. :banghead:

I have big plans for this calculator, since I've been bitten by the code bug. :D Future plans includes login, saving your bases and flavourings (incl. prices). I might also make a flavouring review & comment system. I'm might even contact some of the biggest shops for pricing information and direct links to each flavouring. But I'm a one-man-band with a day job, so everything will come over time.
Please don't get me wrong, the one I use is for android and it just makes it easy, I've setup a single device to run it and it just sits in my vape cupboard, I don't think there is one for ios so I'm sure that people will still use it. (maybe you should consider the platform) my comments still warrant merit though and I can see you've already considered them. The site looks good and credit to anyone that codes, coding always frustrated me.

Turns out it costs me:

29p to make 10ml
87p to make 30ml
£2.89 to make 100ml

That's 12mg with a premium concentrate at 15%

Think about that the next time you pay £5 for 10ml from a vendor, it's far cheaper and more satisfying to make your own :popcorn:

Turns out it costs me:

29p to make 10ml
87p to make 30ml
£2.89 to make 100ml

That's 12mg with a premium concentrate at 15%

Think about that the next time you pay £5 for 10ml from a vendor, it's far cheaper and more satisfying to make your own [emoji14]opcorn:
I need to revise my concentrate purchases.

I need to revise my concentrate purchases.

You can get 100ml bottles of TFA concentrates for about £12, buying base nic in bulk really brings it down though.

take the following: DIY e liquid

£16.80 for 100ml, no idea if that's about the average price, i've seen it at £9.99 for 100ml but that was the first result in a google search.

I payed £320 for 5 litres, works out about £6.40 for 100ml so that really brings the price per bottle down when making e-liquid.

I have some e juice calculator excel sheet that has extra tabs for flavourings (Inc vapability) as well as one for costing your DIY liquid, can't for the life of me remember where I downloaded it though!

Back
Top Bottom